Twincat Can't switch to run mode

alwahidi

I'm facing a problem with twincat system in WinCE that I want to switch twincat system to run mode, but everytime I restart it. It shows in config mode.
Is there any configuration for that regards?
Thanks.

In TwinCAT system manager, go to 'SYSTEM - Configuration' and then to the Boot settings (Target) tab. Select Run mode (Enable) for Auto Boot

Yes,I did,I have no problem with the local system, since I have the remote system which is in WinCE in config mode all the time.

every time I login to the remote system I receive a message says : "No program on the controller, Download the new program?"
I think maybe the program should be downloaded to the remote system "WinCE", but I don't know if there is such a way to do that.

The WinCE system doesn't have that problem before and it was on running mode with its own application running, But after I create my project and I send the new boot project. this status occurs and the twincat starts in config mode.

I appreciate your cooperation.

Last edited:
The message you receive states that no program has been downloaded into the controller.

You should:

1. Ensure that you've selected the right type of PLC in your PLC configuration (resources tab in PLCControl).

2. Clean and rebuild your PLC program.

3. Save your PLC program.

4. Rescan you PLC project from System Manager.

5. Download again the configuration.

6. Select the right runtime system (PLCControl -> Online -> Choose runtime system).

7. LogIn.

8. Create the boot project.

You should also check:

1. Ensure you don't have any page fault as per a bad memory assignment if you are using pointers.

2. Ensure you are not accessing bad memory addresses (out of bounds arrays...)

Good luck with all those, come back with the result...

Still I have the same problem.
Actually, I tried to add route for the same target system that I manually configured,but in this time I choose it from the browse list, I get this error "ads error 1796 (0x704) reading/writing not permitted" and I get same warning while sending the configuration to the target.
Then I test the connection from Tcadstest I get error 0x707 Not in ready state.

What I would do:

1. make a complete backup of your CFCard.
2. Delete the Documents and Settings folder.
3. Delete the TwinCAT boot folder contents.
4. put back the cfcard into the CX controller and restart it. Wait for it to create the folders again.
5. reconfigure your IP addresses in your CX.
6. start system manager, create again the route between your computer and the controller.
7. in config mode, and once you are connected SCAN the IO Devices and then SCAN for boxes. ==> this will create the correct IO cards and devices for you.
8. add your plc project, scan it and assign the right PLC variables to the right IOs.
9. try to generate assignments, download the current configuration...
10. in PLCControl log in and create the boot project.
11. in your System manager go to SYSTEM CONFIGURATION ==> BOOT SETTINGS (Target) ==> Select RUN MODE (ENABLE).

Try it again and come back with the results...

Good luck!

Hello alwahidi,

Do you remember how did you solve the problem? I got this error "ads error 1796 (0x704) reading/writing not permitted" and don't no how to solve.

Thank you.

APG,
I don't know about Win CE, but in Win 7 Embedded there is a Beckhoff utility (Embedded Write Filter) which lets you lock the SSD (hard drive). Programs think they are writing to hard drive, but actually just temp RAM space. That could be what happened.

The purpose is so the configuration can be locked and come up again when the night-shift Operator's reboot 6 months later to repair the system. It is actually a Microsoft utility you can set w/ one command line entry. Beckhoff simply gives a graphical interface. Downside is that it is about the only user program that ships on a CX. Thus, User's open it, click a few buttons, then close it, not knowing what they wrought (how would I know?).