PanelView Error 60

Pv1000

The latest info from the engineeer responsible for the project, is that, "It's a defective microchip, related to the RoHS initiative"

The integrator rep described it as a "firestorm". They must have more of these online somewhere? We have 2 or 3 of these installations (with a PV1000) in the corporation, but supposedly only ours is defective. Before all this started, they were dropping hints that maybe it was some problem at our end.

I don't usually get involved in these rhubarbs, but we have no plant spares, and this is due on-line very soon.

For everyone that has experienced the dreaded "Error 60" issue, my A-B distributor tech support guy (good guy, too) has emailed me with a new A-B knowledge base article addressing this issue and the appropriate action.

Here's the link:

http://domino.automation.rockwell.c...C3?OpenDocument

I'm sending mine back today for exchange. Everyone else should do the same...
(NOTE: I posted this same reply on another similar thread)

I am a victim of the ERROR 60 for the Panelview 1000, look like im going to make the September 30, 2006 deadline. The SEARCH button is GREAT!!!!!! also thanks for the infomation(y).......

:site:

how do u fix it?

HI every body,
my panelview 550 displays "error 60" after about 5 years working.
may it be ok explain how do you repair it???
i download the application program after about 45 min this error appears again this accure for about 6 times .i don't nothing but after latest downloading it works properly but it's screen saver is deactive now and panelview's light has reamained on continously.

anyone could tell about this "error 60" and how to fix it?

AB's documentary hasnot nothing about this.
it says just this error appears while "self testing" at power up .
but that appeared at running .

thank you ...

Last edited:
hm_4302 said:
HI every body,
i download the application program after about 45 min this error appears again this accure for about 6 times .i don't nothing but after latest downloading it works properly but it's screen saver is deactive now and panelview's light has reamained on continously.

anyone could tell about this "error 60" and how to fix it?

AB's documentary hasnot nothing about this.
it says just this error appears while "self testing" at power up .
but that appeared at running .

thank you ...

WAQ see PDF's

hm_4302 said:
HI every body,

You have a PV550 and it was manufactured long before the RoHS woes that plagued the PV1000 a little over a year ago. So far, this thread has primarily been devoted to the RoHS problems that took A/B a while to fess up to...

Read the pdf files somebody posted above. If that doesn't help, do you have another PanelView you can try?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe you should be able to import the program into the RSView Studio software. Although the graphics will take a toll.

I would not even bother changing the panelview. This is a AB problem, and they should sort it out. Strange from AB not sorting this out.

Well I've tried everything I can think of still no luck. I believe this is an Allen Bradley problem. My revision is 4.46 and I have updated my firmware still no luck. It only last a day before the error comes back up again. Going to send it back to them for repair.

Apparently this is still an issue. I have been upgrading an app on a Series B panel (Yes, older than dirt, but very reliable until now) for several weeks now with no problems. I did not see this error UNTIL I added Graphic Gauges. Infact, the PV was fine until I attempted to go to the screen where the Graphic Gauges were stored. Is there a resolve that I'm not seeing, or is it truly just a hit or miss?
I should also add that removal of the Graphic Gauges stopped the error. Maybe this info will help the AB people troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks,
TLaf

Last edited:
This might be more appropriate for a new thread; "this" thread was over four years old and was entirely about hardware issues with the PanelView Standard terminals built during a period in 2005-2006.

Are you genuinely getting an error code 60 on the PanelView terminal when you add a Graphical Gauge ?

Post as much info as you can gather; the exact part number, the firmware revision of the PanelView, the manufacturing date, the version of PanelBuilder you are using, and the exact error message you encounter in PanelBuilder or on the PanelView terminal.

Yes Sir... Error 60 when attempting to view the screen containing a graphical gauge. Once I removed the gauges, the panel stopped giving me the error. It's not a big deal for me as the gauges were just a 'nice to have' feature.
The panel in question is a PV 1000C.
2711-T10C8 Ser B
Rev A FRN 3.13
The PanelBuilder software I'm using is
V 03.82.00 (Build 413)