ModSoft Tags from ProWorx 32

I am not aware of any automatic (easy) way to do this. Maybe you could do it by exporting the information into a speadsheet and then manually adjusting it to be compatible with the Modsoft file structure.

Why would you want to do this? The last update to Modsoft was almost 6 years ago.

I am working with a conveyor system which was installed 4 years ago using ModSoft. There is about 7 miles of it here that most of it is tracking data which has an accuracy of +/- 3 inches. It's pretty impressive! We are recently going through some additions which is being done using ProWorx32 so the program tags are mix-matched. The software engineers I have used the ProWorx32 software and am less than thrilled with its speed and stability. It tends to lock up a lot and is extremely slow while performing searches. Schneider Automation has provided several patches for this but the improvements were minimal at best. Bottom line, ProWorx32 needs help while ModSoft just works and works extemely well and does everything we need it to do. At some point we will have to make the decision to go with one or the other software package as an overall system. If it is decided to convert all of the new tags back to ModSoft format, I,m just trying to get a head start on it. I would rather manually retype all of the tags and descriptors into ModSoft rather than to be forced to use ProWorx32, however, it is not my decision.

If you are unhappy with ProWorx32, as it sounds that you are, you may want to look at PLC WorkShop for Modicon - 32 Bit offered by FasTrak SoftWorks, Inc. www.fast-soft.com
PLC WorkShop is a 32 bit Windows application, and has been for 5 years already. It is an absolute 32 Bit Windows app, where Pro 32 seems to be part 16 bit code and part 32 bit, which is probably the reason for the several issues.
For further info on FasTrak, feel free to contact me.
[email protected]