Ml1400

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I went to a customer a couple weeks ago, edited a project in one of their ML1400's. I get a call that the "old alarms are back on the HMI". I go back, upload what is in the CPU and it is a match with the original project I edited! I don't believe anyone there was able to take the old project and reload it so I am suspecting the PLC somehow reloaded the project from elsewhere, maybe? Anyone else have this happen? Thank you

Look at Controller -> Processor Status -> Mem Module in the Controller window of the program. Is the Memory Module Loaded on Boot S:5/8 bit or any other such bits set to 1?

If there's no memory module installed in the controller, then the only possible answer is that somebody onsite downloaded the original program.

Look at Controller -> Processor Status -> Mem Module in the Controller window of the program. Is the Memory Module Loaded on Boot S:5/8 bit or any other such bits set to 1?

No, it is set to "0". Someone must have loaded it locally then, correct?

Saving the project to eeprom is a separate operation. In the rslogix 500 menu click Comms then EEPROM, then store to eeprom. You will have to put the CPU into program mode to do this