Wonderware linked to Factory Talk View

Good Day Guys,

I have a little trouble in here regarding out project, I would like to give this overview for us to make things clear and somewhat simple.

Current Set up:

We have two HMIs; Factory Talk View (main HMI for read and control) and Wonderware (read data purpose only).

Factory Talk View used RS Linx to gather data (usual set-up).

Wonderware Application gather/read I/O tags from DASABCIP.4 that is connected directly from RSLOGIX5000.

Proposed Set - up

-Wonderware will Gather Data directly from Factory Talk View.
I'm not sure if this is possible, but I think the current Wonderware set up will give the same outcome.

Any suggestions?

Why do anything?

Have you done an assessment on the PLC controller to determine if there are any issues related to having two HMI's communicating to it?

Out of curiosity, why the two HMI's?

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your response.

I already asked that thing. The Customer want that set-up; Another HMI for Viewing purpose only, No control to process.

For me, I think the current set-up is alright.
I'm just asking if it possible that Factory Talk will be the Source of data for Wonderware.

There is a software package called "FactoryTalk Gateway" that provides OPC DA 2.05 connectivity to all the data being polled by RSLinx Enterprise as well as all of the tags in a FactoryTalk View SE system.

This is different from "RSLinx Classic Gateway"; that's an older piece of software that is an ordinary OPC server.

If you are using RSLinx Classic as an OPC data server for FactoryTalk View, it makes more sense to just also use it as an OPC data server for Wonderware.

If you are using RSLinx Enterprise as the FactoryTalk Live Data server for FactoryTalk View, then the FactoryTalk Gateway software is a better option.

Sir,

Thank you for that suggestion, its a great help.

Does it mean that "Factory Talk Gateway" will act as Data Server for my Wonderware?

RsLinx will retain as Data Server for FactoryTalk?

Out of Topic Question:

-Is it possible to use RsLinx as Data Server for Wonderware? o_O

Again, Thank you very much for the help.

Yes it is possible, i would agree with Ken , if this is the way you want to go use the OPC Gateway.

Rheinhardt