How to get IP address of Panel view Plus for the first time

If it is new out of the box. Use the BootP tool by Rockwell to assign it an IP address of your choosing.

you want bootp. It is surprisingly hard to find. Turn off wifi, write down the mac address you want to find, and scan with bootp. After you find it assign an ip address. Verify you can ping that address.

if it's existing you can put this in a autorun.bat on a USB drive and plug it in. It will send the IP configuration to a text file called ip.txt:
ipconfig > \USB Storage\ip.txt

You can go to the configuration menu and see/set the Ip-adress. Access the configuration menu by clicking the white box after powering on the Panel.

EDIT:
Its not so easy in Rockwells world.
https://theautomationblog.com/how-do-i-access-the-panelview-plus-configuration-menu/
Basically, this white box was available for FW Versions 3.20 up to 5.1. Then they removed the white box again in FW 6.
In 6.1 they added the box again, but its disabled by default. Now you can connect a external Keyboard and press F1 to go to config mode.

:eek: Typically for Rockwell, if something works, it has to be broken. If something works bad, stick to it (the customer will get used to it).

Last edited: