RSLogix 500 Will Not Start

KerryP

I got a new Windows 7, 64-bit laptop back in December. All of my Rockwell software and a bunch of other things run perfectly except for RSLogix 500. It ran fine when first installed but will not start. It doesn't show a splash screen, doesn't throw an error messagae and shows up in the Task Manager for a few seconds before disappearing.

I've tried repairing and re-installing the Services Platform and Logix 500. I've tried various compatibility modes. I've upgraded to v 9.0. The node-locked license appears to be normal in the Activation Manager.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

You may need to do a full uninstall of Logix 500. By this I mean a full cleanup of all registry keys and RSCOMMON files associated with Logix 500.
This is not something I would want to attempt without talking to RA Tech support first. Do you have a Tech Connect contract? They would be the best folks to help you with this. They can check what services are running when trying to launch 500 and see what's not working.

I un-installed RSLogix 500 v9.0 using the Control Panel and installed v8.4 normally and it started up just fine. I'm rolling with this because I need to get back to work on some SLCs. Thanks for the replies. I need to know what y2kmfic stands for.

you had a .dll error.. after installing an older version it replaced it ..you should now be able to install the newer version and have it working..