Crimson 3.0 Alarm Emails with editable addresses

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
Customer is getting email alerts from a Graphite HMI and now want to be able to change the recipients' addresses at runtime.

I am not sure if this is possible without rolling my own alarm/email alert system in Crimson or by using some 3rd party service to do email forwarding.

If anyone knows of any slick methods to make this realistic, I'd be interested in hearing about them.

In the Mail Manager's contact list, the address field can take a string tag instead of hardcoded string. The corresponding tag can then be edited at runtime. You can drag and drop a tag from the resource pane. If you type it in directly, you must prefix it with an equals sign, like =Tag1.

In the Mail Manager's contact list, the address field can take a string tag instead of hardcoded string. The corresponding tag can then be edited at runtime. You can drag and drop a tag from the resource pane. If you type it in directly, you must prefix it with an equals sign, like =Tag1.

Doh, I can't believe I didn't even try that...

I got a little carried away

Okay, so to make it easy on the oeprator, I set it up so that they can enter phone numbers and select their carrier from a drop down list for Email to SMS gateways. They can enter 4 phone numbers and 4 email addresses, then build the MAILTO string.

I could not get the numeric entry field to work properly with 10 digit phone numbers as integers so I ended up making the phone numbers into strings. If anyone has any ideas about how to allow a 10 digit numeric (internal) tag to be entered I'd like to know. I can enter 9 digits but not ten.

At least they don't have to figure out how to find the semicolon and look up their carrier SMS gateway.

They still have to use the alphanumeric keypad to enter the phone number which is not as easy as the numeric keypad on the 7" Graphite.

The other issue is that when I set the string tag with a format string (nnn)nnn-nnnn, if you go to enter a new value and just start typing, it will not allow you to enter a number. It will work if you first backspace and leave the first "(" character.

I did my testing in the emulator, and I am about to go try it on the real hardware.

I will attach an example that has all my hard work importing a list of 85 US cell phone carriers and their gateway sms suffixes into tag format fields.

I am sure others may find it useful. It also has my standard PLC fault code breakout objects in it aimed at the Micrologix 1400 model.