Wincc Runtime to Access Remote HMI Panels

hagos

Dear Folks,

I have recently joint a new company, my first task is to prepare a new standbys server that have our main WinCC project.

The WinCC of the old server is consisting of the following:
- One S7-400 CPU connected as ISO Industrial Ethernet
- Six S7-300 CPU's connected as TCP/IP
- Each of the six S7-300 is having it's own HMI panel(Panels type are siemens Touch panels)
- The WinCC Runtime is able to access the remote HMI panels(Touch Panels) to display & control their different screens on the WinCC Project.

Below is what I have done:
- I was able to configer the new server.
- I Installed the WinCC to the new server
- I was able to get all PLC's communicationg to the WinCC Project.

I was NOT able to get the WinCC runtime to access the remote panels(Touch Panels) to be able to display their screens on the WinCC.

I would appreciate if you suggest to me what to check to get the problem fixed.

Best regards
Hagos

When we have applications like yours, the WinCC doesn't access directly the HMI's.
The WinCC accesses the PLC's, and the HMI´s also access the PLC's, so all the information we need in the WinCC are in the PLC's DB's.

Last edited:
Hi nonuke,

Thanks for the reply,

Our configuration is the WinCC is accessing the HMI's & you could see at the panel that the Wincc is navigating through the panel screens.

Hagos

You can install Smartservice option on the touch panels. This is possible on TP177B PN and higher. It is not possible on the socalled compact panels (KTP... BASIC).
In WinCC v7 you can then setup a webbrowser to display the content of the touch panels.

WinCC

Thanks alot Jesper,

There is a VB Action that is used to display the screens of the Panels on the WinCC PC.

I'm attaching the code so you can have a look at it.

Here are some notes about the code:

@VNC_VIEWER is a Screen in the WinCC Project
VNC_IP_CIP_PAST is a Tag in the WinCC Project
VNC_IP is also a Tag in the WinCC Project
10.0.218.21 is the IP address of the remote Panel.

Hope that will give you a clue on how should the communication between the WinCC & the Panel should look like.

Regards
HagosView attachment Hagos.doc

There is a smartaccess option that is similar to smartservice.
With smartaccess the screens of the touchpanels can be viewed on other Siemens HMI screens. I know that the smartaccess option uses VNC to accomplish this.
So maybe your code can be used in combination with smartaccess. But I have no personal experience with that.

WinCC Remote control

Dear Folks,

I would like to ammend the post, because my first post contains in acurate informations.

Below is our system structure:

- One PC that runs WinCC Project.
- A total of six panels of the type MITSUBISHI E 1101(I mistakenly stated the panels are Siemens Panels in my early thread)

The mitsubishi panels are all having the feature that allow the WinCC project to access their different screens(here the Panels are all configured as servers while the WinCC run time acts as a client)

I tried the VNC REMOTE ACCESS CONTROL(the stand alone program), I was able to connect to the panels individually from the WinCC PC and navigate through their different screens.

But as you could see from my attachment , the WinCC run time is having a VB Script that runs the REMOTE ACCESS CONTROL from inside the project(not like the way I did).

I would appreciate if you could suggest to me how does the Runtime triggers the remote access program

Hi the Beijers screens support vnc connections, You need to look a the command below the comments and maybe look in help files

I assume it is some kind of shell command to load a new window, open vnc and point it to the relevant ip

WinCC Remote control

Thanks alot cjd1965,

In fact I don't have a previous experience on that, if you could give me more suggestions I would be very grateful.

Regards
Hagos