doesn't show Ethernet tree in the RSLinx classic

mike3475

Good morning, Guys:
We want to add one PF525 EENET to our existing Rslogix 5000 system,in the Rslinx classic we can't see Ethernet tree,we have one eMon-cosy-141 router and three 8 ports ethernet Switches. we know that 14 existing Ethernet connected powerflex VFD are physically working without any issue, we see Ethernet tree in the I/O configuration of this Rslogix5000 controller organizer.
I know one time by mistake i delete rslinx classic tree, later we add back.
Thanks!

You're talking about two different products here so I'll start with RSlinx. If you can't see the Ethernet tree it means you don't have the Ethernet diver enabled. So you need to start there first.

In RSlogix, a device needs to be first installed as a module in order to see it in the tree. If the device is being replaced, it should should up as long as the replacement has the original's IP address. If you are adding then the module needs to be added and configured.

we installed this PF525 EENET to our rslogix5000 , we saw it at Ethernet tree in the I/O configuration of the controller organizer.but it showed with yellow triangle.

The game of 20 Questions begins.

There are lots of different ways that things can be going wrong, that it's going to be tough to help you.

First off, the "yellow triangle" in the PLC's I/O tree means that the PLC isn't recognizing that device. So let's start there, and ignore RSLinx for a moment.

What is the IP address of the module that the PLC is trying to use to communicate with the PF525 ? The subnet? The gateway (if any)?

What is the IP of the PF525 and it's subnet and gateway?

Has the PF525 been configured to have that address on the PF525 itself, not just in the PLC I/O tree? It probably started off life in BOOTP mode. Once the IP was given to it by BOOTP, was BOOTP turned off in that module?

How are the PLC and the PF525 physically connected to each other? Are you connecting via a switch / router, and has that switch / router been configured to enable those ports? What VLANs are in place on each of those ports, if any?

Is your programming PC on the same network as both the PLC and PF525?
If so, can you ping the PLC?
If so, can you ping the PF525?

With regard to RSLinx now, which driver are you using -- "Ethernet Devices" (aka "AB ETH-1") or "Ethernet/IP Driver (aka "AB ETHIP-1")?

Answers to these questions will do for a start, and might point you to your problem, even without further help from us. If not, answer them and we'll come up with another bunch of questions.

I just added PF525 to Rslinx classic.It showed up in the Rslinx classic tree.
I ping Rslogix 5000 controller and this PF525, both right way responsed, no time out.
when offline, PF525 doesn't show yellow triangle. when online, it shows yellow triangle,when click Drive tab in the PF525 property, the green color word " connected" showing at the right top corner, and status FAULT showing at left bottom.
I compared offline and online parameters , all are same.
I totally lost.
Thanks everyone to help us!

Last edited:
It should be "change" button, we did match the drive then download to the project.
somebody mention about "RA_PF5ClassAOP_Ver_1.05" file ,which we didn't install.
I don't know where we will install it and what it is for.

Thanks!

If you can add the PF525 to the Logix tree the you must have installed the AOP.

What is the actual error on the PF525, it will show in the window below the tree when you highlight the device with the yellow triangle.

That will help us in trying to fault find.

Alan

Not every question answered; work with what you got

You won't see the yellow triangle offline, only when you're trying to use it online will you know that you're not talking to it properly.

Try this:
Go online, open the PF525 faceplate, and go to the Module Info tab. Report what you see (or better, take and post a screenshot).

Also and again:
What, if anything, do you know about the configuration of your switches?

Another thing to try, since you can ping both the PLC and PF525:
Open RSLinx. Add the "Ethernet Devices" driver (NOT the "EthernetIP Driver"). In the configuration of the driver, add the IP address of your PLC and PowerFlex in the Host Name boxes. Then do a RSWho is Linx. Do you see both the PLC and PF525?

I went to module info tab of the PF525 property at rem run mode, got three items showing difference at "Internal state" and "Owned" and "Status" between yellow triangel PF525 and another running good PF525.
the good running PF525:
Internal State: Run mode
Owned: Owened
with yellow triangle PF525:
Internal State: Unconnected
Owned: No
any idea?
thanks!

module info.jpg

Last edited:
I went to module info tab of the PF525 property at rem run mode, got three items showing difference at "Internal state" and "Owned" and "Status" between yellow triangel PF525 and another running good PF525.
the good running PF525:
Internal State: Run mode
Owned: Owened
with yellow triangle PF525:
Internal State: Unconnected
Owned: No
any idea?
thanks!

Looks like the drive isn't yet configured properly. What do you find under the other tabs?

I want to install the firmware , the drive firmware revision is 4.001, the latest one is 5.001, do i need to install the firmware revision 4.001 or 5.001?
Thanks!