Siemens TD 200 and S7-200 data block

PM

P
I am using Step 7 MicroWin 32 V3.2.4.27 for a CPU-214
I have a TD 200 operator interface. The machine controlled by the PLC has the TD 200 as operator interface. I modified the original program so now I need to edit the TD 200 messages
What can I do to be able to see what's in the data block? In other words translate the data block so that I can see the messages, modify, or add some (right now all I see is VB's)
Thanks

You can edit directly in to the DB and edit your message. Make Sure that you put "" around the phrase or message that you've edited.

But the thing is there is no comments on the data block. This is what the data block looks like:

VB0 16#00
VB1 16#10
VB2 16#00
VB3 16#2D
VB4 16#00
VB5 16#2D
VB6 16#00
VB7 16#00

All the way down to VB 1023.
What do I do next

Hi

Well
if you go to view / tool menu
you find TD200 menu select it
or copy your prog add new TD200 block say vb200 to vb300
then go to view/ tool menu you find their
i did this thing way before but you try it message will get changed

thanking you
sandeep patil

PM ,

what Sandeep means, is that microwin has a Wizard, when you open the wizard it will show you the messages and you can modify all the messages that are located in data block,
see the picture below:

untitled.jpg

Farid

I know about the wizard and I tried to do that but it did not work. Actually I can not access the configuration for the program. When I open the wizard I only have the option to create a new block. The thing is I am working on a machine which was installed by the vendor. I am trying to make modifications of the program to better fit the need of my company. So I got the original program (vendor) by uploading it from the cpu which doesn't give me the option to change the TD 200 messages. That's why I am trying to see what I should do next. If there is a way to translate the Data Block or if I should go ahead and start a new configuration.

Is it possible that I can just add a new configuration to my program. Since I can not access the initial configuration of the TD 200 (because I am using a newer version of MicroWin than the one previously used) can I just add a new cblock with new addesses and add the new messages and at the same time use the old messages. I mean change the addresses in my PLC program to the new addresses configured and also use the ones that I don't need to change.

Yes, you can create a new TD200 parameter block. You will have to recreate all of the messages.

Uploading into a newer MicroWIN is OK, but you really need the original project files to be able to rerun the TD200 Wizard.

Yes CL that's what I did. I created a new data block by recreating all the messages. I am glad it took less time that I thought. Its better this way because now I can go back and make the changes that I want.
Thanx