Fault & restart AB SLC 5/04 periodically

Ffakury

Hi

Any one know how i can clear this fault?

Cpu run led turn on for a second then red fault led turn on for a second then cpu restart and all leds turn off and on. This routine happened periodically.

I remove ram battery and clear cpu ram but problem not solved. In program mode when i switch to prog. Just fault led turn on for a second and cpu restart again . Because of the cpu restarting periodically i cant communicate with that .

I remove eeprom and power on cpu , just the fault led turn on steady and cpu not restart more.
Thanks

If you can go online with the controller take a look at processor status- error tab and tell
us what the fault is (S:54) and its description.

Unfortantly periodically restart not allow me to communicate with cpu. And question is why cpu restart periodically and not steady fault!

Unfortantly periodically restart not allow me to communicate with cpu. And question is why cpu restart periodically and not steady fault!

One of the more common issues is a faulty power supply. If you have another
replace it. Also grounding issues, check a double check your processor ground.

Ok i will check ground , but do you have any documentation regarding pin configuration of cpu? My mean what pin is VCC or ground ?

And another issue is if power supply has problem why when i remove eeprom the cup goes to steady fault and not restart more?

Ffakury....

Power OFF - Put the keyswitch to the PROG position, and power ON - what happens? (LED states)

Remove the EEPROM module, and again power ON with keyswitch in PROG position - what happens?

Ok i will check ground , but do you have any documentation regarding pin configuration of cpu? My mean what pin is VCC or ground ?

See pdf

This procedure will clear the processors memory. Make sure you have a backup before doing this.

I switch to prog mode the fault led turn on one second and then cpu restart again . This happened periodically.

I remove eeprom and power on cpu the fault led turn on steady

So the SLC 5/04 PLC restarts with the EEPROM installed, but DOES NOT restart with the EEPROM removed? Most likely the S:1/10 bit is set in the Status file. That explains the restarting, but not what is the error.

SLC 5-04 Restart on Memory Error.JPG

Last edited: