FactoryTalk View SE Alarm Filter

jholm90

I am looking to get some of the filters that have been setup for the Alarm/Event windows to be automatically selected when the window is opened.
I basically have a pop-up window available for every piece of machinery on the assembly line that has a trending chart and alarm history for that particular machine. The trending chart and every other element on the page shows the correct data because the pens uses a parameter (#1) to only show relevant historical data. Unfortunately the alarm log seems to default to show every piece of machinery set up - not the specific one that should be shown. I have broken up each machine's faults to use a specific group and have filters made up to show good data, however it is not auto selected when the window is loaded.

Is there any way that this filter can be auto applied via some macro or ??
Thanks..

There should be a way, and it probably uses VBA.

I've got an application where I have multiple clients all looking at the same alarm display, but when it opens, it automatically selects the filter that shows only alarms related to the area the client is in. The operator can select to view all, but by default, it only shows their area.

It was a while ago that I did this, so I can't remember exactly how. But seeing as I would have had to determine which filter to apply based on the PC name, I must have used VBA somewhere in there.

Have a look into VBA code and I'll see if I can't dig out the code I used later on.

I no longer work for the employer so I cannot fish out an example for you but I believe I accomplished what you are looking for once by prescribing unique alarm severity values for different areas. I then used VBA to filter by those values based on the area I cared about.

Thank you very much for your assistance - it led me on the path to success :D

For the documentation side here's what happened:

My alarm and event log viewer name is "Log Viewer". All of my events are sorted into groups that I'd like on the particular page.

I am able to pull the 'GroupNameHere' from a tag/parameter in the project file based on the window opening. I found that I couldn't put this code to activate while the pop-up window/alarms display was loading so I implemented a delay of 1 second and it activates the filter as desired.

The VBA code to be called for the alarm filter is:
Code:
LogViewer.WhereClause= "GroupPath = 'GroupNameHere'"

The time delay code of 1 second is: (Borrowed from the help file...)
Code:
    Dim PauseTime, Start, Finish, TotalTime
        PauseTime = 1    ' Set duration.
        Start = Timer    ' Set start time.
        Do While Timer < Start + PauseTime
            DoEvents    ' Yield to other processes.
        Loop
        Finish = Timer    ' Set end time.

Some of the other methods to filter the alarms may require opening the SQL Management Studio to get the precise column names as they don't all line up exactly with the names inside FactoryTalk Studio

Filtro de Alarmes no sumário pelo tag desejado!

Estou precisando de ajuda para fazer um filtro no meu sumário de alarmes, gostaria de digitar o nome do alarme em um campo, apertar um botão e com isto filtrar no sumário somente o tag desejado. Sera que tem como me auxiliar neste processo?

Last edited: