Adding a Module in RSLogix 5000

Killercal

Hello all,

I'm trying to add a Flex I/O module to a current system for a testing/trial.

Chassis set up:
[0] 1756-L61 (controller)
[1] 1765-ENET/A
[2] 1765-ENET/A
[10] 1756-HSC
[11] 1756-HSC
[12] 1756-HSC

I am having trouble with the 1756-HSC cards missing counts and would like to try to use the 1794-VHSC in there place. I have a 1794-AENT so I will be putting this on the Ethernet network. When I open up my program and right click on the [1] 1756-ENET module, the "New Module..." is greyed out. Can I use this card to connect the flex I/O network or do I need a bridge card (i.e. 1756-ENBT?)

Thanks,

Killercal.

You need the bridge (-ENBT). The ENET module can't be used for I/O.

Whay do you believe the 1794-VHSC will perform any better than the 1756-HSC?

Keith

Are you trying to do this online? You need to do this offline. The ENET module is fine.

I agrre with the above post. You must be offline to add the module.
Don't forget that you also have to configure your AENT for slots, modules, etc when you add it.
Just a reminder.

I personally don't think it will change anything at all, but the customer wants to try this method as they have the Flex I/O working on another machine which is some what similar.

Jkerekes, I am offline right now.

So you both contradict each other, can I use the ENET or not?

The 1756-ENET/B module performs two primary tasks:​
1.​
Control of real time I/O data (also known as “implicit messaging”)
in conjunction with a Logix 5550 controller. The Ethernet module
may serve as an adaptor, interfacing the I/O modules to the
network, or as a scanner, sending and receiving data between the
controller and the network.

2.​
Support of messaging data for configuration and programming
information, operator interfaces, etc. (also known as “explicit
messaging.”).

What CLX revision are you using? I don't have an ENET module to try, but offline Logix5000 allows me to add a Flex I/O "rack".

V17 for RSL5000 and V16 on the CLX processor.

upon further investagation we have ENBT cards just set up as ENET cards in the tree. I will change this and work from here.

Thank you all for you help.

Darn you bkottaras!!

I started reading this going "series B, series B" and you stole my thunder!

ENBT is better (more throughput capacity) but Series B ENET should work.

However, how do they think a remotely located module will outperform a local module? Seems backwards to me. Of course it will probably work though!

OG