How to update firmware for my kinetix 6500 control module

BITI BISHARA

Hello guys,
Our existing kinetix control module revision is 3.001 but now I want to replace the faulty controller by new revision 3.003.i fixed at machine without firmware update but cpu showing wrong revision. So I want to update new revision firmware.
Also I try to find out Control flash catalog for this 2094-EN02D-M01-SO revision but this is not available in control flash catalog.
Please support and guide me how to update the revision.
Kind regards and thanks.
Biti

Hello. In order to be able to update firmware of Rockwell field devices such as EtherNet/IP devices you need to be registered in the Rockwell website and download the Flash Programming Tools which offers the legacy version (ControlFlash) or the new ControlFlashPlus. I think if you are new to updating firmware, I would advice you use the new one. The Windows workstation needs all the supporting RSLinx communication middleware. Good luck.

Also I try to find out Control flash catalog for this 2094-EN02D-M01-SO revision but this is not available in control flash catalog.
Biti
The ControlFlashPlus, if you have it connected to the internet, will detect the required firmware and install it in the catalogue automatically. With the legacy tool you need to get the firmware from the Rockwell knowledge base and install it.

Dear Alfredo,
Thanks for your response.
Realy I new for updete firmware. I don't have good knowledge about it.
Actually kinetix 2094-EN02-M01-S0 (revision 3.001)This control module is malfunctioning and I want to replace it but I have spare and it's revision is not same. It's revision is 3.004.I removed old one fixed new one (3.004 revision) and it is not working and plc cpu showing wrong version.
Also note that I open plc program and checked module information and there is showing Revision:3.004.
Existing revision 3.001 but plc program insdemodule property showing 3.004.Now my spare is 3.003.
What can I do now. How do I solve my issue.
Pls support and guide me. I appreciate your support and help.
Thanks.

Hello BITI BISHARA:

I am able to find version 3.003 of firmware for your device from the Rockwell website. I cannot find version 3.004. Please see below screenshot.
Also, can you try downloading ControlFlash Plus instead of ControlFlash. The new version automatically finds latest firmware versions from the Rockwell Automation website.

Finally, as a plan B, can you now change the revision in the PLC program for your Kinetix device to match the version on the actual firmware, if you cannot update the firmware in the device?

2021-03-30_KinetixDriver.png

Dear Alfredo,
Thanks for your support and my problem is solved. Sorry for late reply.
Explain :how do I solve?
We have same type two machine. Our problem machine physical control module revision is 3.001 and its plc program inside found module property revision 3.004.i don't know why plc programmer don't keep physical module revision and program inside module revision same?
Other good machine physical module revision 3.001 and plc program module properties found revision 3.001.i mean this machine physical module and plc program module revision is same.
Trail basis I fixed the module revision 3.004 at good machine and observed working normal and don't face wrong version error on plc cpu and Removed module from this machine fix to the other (faulty machine) and observed working good.
Now my question is why this module(revision3.003)
was not working on first machine?
Thanks and kind regards.