Panelview Plus7, Factorytalk

Garedgar

Is there a way to find out which MER your panelview is running on startup whenever you have multiple files in the internal storage? Instead of having to walk up to it and go into the settings on the terminal.

I don't think there is.

Even if the running MER is exposed as a System tag, I don't think there is a way to interrogate it externally.

If you, and only you, have access to transfer files to the PV, then there might be an entry in the FactoryTalk logs, and in might say what the transfer parameters (i.e. Set Run at Startup) were at the time of download.

I can't check on anything View Studio at the moment, my installation doesn't start-up,, giving a cryptic error. I will have to uninstall and re-install FTVStudio I think, but I'm loathe to do that just right now as it might mess up all my installations of RSLogix/Studio5000. I can't afford the 2 days plus to re-install all of that lot !!

May i suggest that you add a screen with the details on it in regards to the information you need that is accessible.
james

To me it was obvious James, he doesn't want to go to the PView, but wants to know what MER it is running.

I don't even know if it is a system variable that could be displayed on a screen, but if he has to go to the PView to see it, he could easily go through the config screens to find it.

My guess is he wants to remotely access it.

I'm thinking that Asset Manager might be able to see it, just don't know the details ....

Just had the thought that RSLinx might show it ....

I had to solve this exact problem a couple of months back. Multiple .mer files on a PVP7, no clear indication of which one was running. OEM did not provide a password to allow me to enter configuration mode to see which one was loaded, and all of my usual get-to-config-mode tricks like pressing the white square a bootup, or Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Windows failed me.

In the end I solved it like this:
1. Upload all .mer files using ME Transfer Utility
2. Restore first .mer file into FTView Studio and make a small visual edit
3. Create runtime from the edited file
4. Download to to HMI using ME Transfer Utility using the exact same filename BUT VERY IMPORTANT deselect the "run application at startup" checkbox first
5. Reboot the HMI

What this does is updates that .mer file on the HMI but does not change which file is run at startup. So, when the HMI boots up, if it contains the graphical edit you made, then the file you edited is the "live" one, the one that is being run by the HMI. If it doesn't, you can eliminate that .mer file as a possiblity and repeat steps 2 through 5 until you find it.

Once you're done, make sure to download all of the original .mer files back to the PVP so that it's left in the same state you found it.

Or, you know, delete the redundant files from your god dang HMI's so that I don't waste half a day cleaning up behind you o_O

I had to solve this exact problem a couple of months back. Multiple .mer files on a PVP7, no clear indication of which one was running. OEM did not provide a password to allow me to enter configuration mode to see which one was loaded, and all of my usual get-to-config-mode tricks like pressing the white square a bootup, or Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Windows failed me.

In the end I solved it like this:
1. Upload all .mer files using ME Transfer Utility
2. Restore first .mer file into FTView Studio and make a small visual edit
3. Create runtime from the edited file
4. Download to to HMI using ME Transfer Utility using the exact same filename BUT VERY IMPORTANT deselect the "run application at startup" checkbox first
5. Reboot the HMI

What this does is updates that .mer file on the HMI but does not change which file is run at startup. So, when the HMI boots up, if it contains the graphical edit you made, then the file you edited is the "live" one, the one that is being run by the HMI. If it doesn't, you can eliminate that .mer file as a possiblity and repeat steps 2 through 5 until you find it.

Once you're done, make sure to download all of the original .mer files back to the PVP so that it's left in the same state you found it.

Or, you know, delete the redundant files from your god dang HMI's so that I don't waste half a day cleaning up behind you o_O

Brilliant !(y)

Wish there was Like and Love buttons like on facebook, but we have to make a post ...