Siemens S120 Servo Drvie Cylinder Flowrate Control Questions

Nan

Hi Everyone,

I am new to siemens servo drives, needs some helps and wondering if you can help me.

The machine has Siemens S120 Servo Drvie and siemens motor, the motor mounted on top of a Cylinder, and move the cylinder up and down, when the cylinder goes up, it sucks material from the tank, when it is going down, it supply flow out, so it controls the flow rate.

Here is some information about the servo setup

The signal-level for the pulses is 5V DC, from the siemens TM 41 modul.
The gear ratio is I: 11,38 , you get 256 pulses per motor revolution.
28980 impulses per liter

I think I can use the formula and PID to control the speed of the servo, and get whatever flowrate I put in there right right?

Grams_per_Impulse = (1/ (IN_HMI_Flow_Meter_Impulses_Per_Liter/ 1000)) *(IN_HMI_Material_Density/1000)

OUT_PID_Grams_per_Second = (IN_Impulses_per_Second*Grams_per_Impulse)/100

Thank you very much!

As long as you stay inside the torque/power limits of the motor/drive then the drive speed loop controller will maintain the motor speed.