Help Needed, Siemens 300 To Mitsi HMI

Big_Robo

I have a siemens 317-2 and an old GOT1000 (GT1675M - V)

I am trying to get the darn things communication and having no luck. I have followed the guides online and still no good. I have them both connected via ethernet.

Does anyone have a guide / project or knows what settings I need to change to get it to work.

Thank You All

I dont know Mitsubishi.
But a common mistake for any HMI connecting to a Siemens S7 is to specify the wrong rack/slot combination.
For an S7-300, rack must always be 0, and slot must always be 2.

I have the HMI connected to port X2 on the CPU. The Mitsubishi software says i need to enable Fetch and Write in the Siemens but I cant find the option for this.

CPU - 317-2 PN/DP
HMI - GOT1000 Model GT1675M - V

It is possible to setup a socalled passive fetch/write connection on the Siemens side.
Maybe that is what they mean ?
But as far as I know, fetch/write is only possible with an ethernet CP343-1 module, not with the integrated PN port in the CPU.

In the link parky posted, it is described that you only have to specify the IP and an unused port, and it should work. So... I dunno.

The 2nd link by parky cannot be right.
It is about letting the PLC actively send to or fetch data from a partner by the PUT/GET method. I doubt that is what is used with the Mitsubishi panel.

I have found the Mitsubishi manual, and they only refer to that the ethernet connection is possible with a CP343-1. So I think that it is what they mean, that you have to add a CP343-1 to the S7-300 rack, and then setup two ISO_ON_TCP connections on the S7 PLC, and in these connections the mode must be set to Fetch passive and Write passive respectively.

I dont like it, it costs an expensive CP343-1 (a CP343-1 LEAN does not support fetch/write). And fetch/write is an arcaic method that is mostly used with exchanging data with legacy Siemens S5 PLCs.

I have found the Mitsubishi manual, and they only refer to that the ethernet connection is possible with a CP343-1. So I think that it is what they mean, that you have to add a CP343-1 to the S7-300 rack, and then setup two ISO_ON_TCP connections on the S7 PLC, and in these connections the mode must be set to Fetch passive and Write passive respectively.

I dont like it, it costs an expensive CP343-1 (a CP343-1 LEAN does not support fetch/write). And fetch/write is an arcaic method that is mostly used with exchanging data with legacy Siemens S5 PLCs.

Thank you so much for the responses. I will have to rethink the methods needed for this project.

For info, I checked if you could use a socalled HMI Adapter (6ES7972-0CA11-0XA0).
Unfortunately it has been discontinued. Only available as spare part. It will be expensive if you can get it.

I haven't used GOT1000 with S7-300, but I have used it with S7-200 and PPI cable without problems (6ES7 901-3BF20-0XA0 - RS232/PPI). I also have seen working S7-300 with GOT1000. It was 8 bits, 1 stop bit, Odd and you need to have good Host and Adapter address.