Omron CJ1G IO Map Question

erdemsvri

Hello.

I am developing an add-on program for a existing Omron CJ1G CPU. The system consists of 1 CPU and 4 Remote IOs. The main rack input start from 0.00 to 7.15 and the output from 8.00 to 15.15. There is no add-on to the main rack so up to now everything is OK.

With the remote IOs goes like this.

2000.00 to 2006.15, 2008.00 to 2014.15, 2020.00 to 2021.15 and 2028.00 to 2029.15

Inputs are like :

from 2008.00 to 2014.15, 2028.00 to 2029.15

The others are outputs.

Now I am going to add 16 DI and 16 DO to one remote IO panel but the IO seems very mixed up to me because I mostly %99 program Siemens PLCs.The Omron IO mapping is very strange to me right now so I need your pros help please.

So what will be my input and output adresses. Do I need to do something like a hardware configuration for them or are they automaticly adressed. If I adress them myself do I have to check wheter these bits are used in the program or not?

And also one more question there are Omron HMIs used in the application where I have to make some changes. Can I upload program from them? The are NS models and NSJ models both.

Thanks...

If you can post a Copt of the cx-p file, then we can help.

Hint: The io table is the most important part for what you are trying to achieve. This is where the addressing can be configured.

Another key point, what is the remote io? Is it rack expansion, or some sort of comms bus?

Your post suggests that you intend to use the CJ1W-IC101 I/O control module in the base PLC to connect to a remote rack containing a CJ1W-II101 I/O Interface module.

1. The first question you should be asking yourself is how far away is the remote panel from the PLC? Max. recommended distance is 12m.

2. Is the power supply in the existing PLC rack sized correctly to add the CJ1W-IC101 I/O control module.

3. How many expansion racks are you adding and what is model of PLC? CJ1G-CPU42H and 43H only support 2 expansion racks.

4. Expansion rack I/O is not assigned as a special I/O unit, instead it follows a "next available word" rule. [Although this can be changed if desired]. See attachment.

5. If the I/O table is registered in the PLC setup you will have to either create and save a new I/O table to the PLC, OR you can delete the PLC I/O table. This allows you to add/remove I/O modules at will without faulting the processor.

6. Yes of course you can upload programs from any unit providing you have the application software and cables. If the program is password protected you will of course also need the password.

Hello. Thanks for your answer.

Your post suggests that you intend to use the CJ1W-IC101 I/O control module in the base PLC to connect to a remote rack containing a CJ1W-II101 I/O Interface module.

1. The first question you should be asking yourself is how far away is the remote panel from the PLC? Max. recommended distance is 12m.

2. Is the power supply in the existing PLC rack sized correctly to add the CJ1W-IC101 I/O control module.

3. How many expansion racks are you adding and what is model of PLC? CJ1G-CPU42H and 43H only support 2 expansion racks.

The system is working right now when I wrote this so this shows that appropiate design was made in the past.The CPU is CJ1G-CPU45H with 4 remote IO stations. I am only going to add 16 DI and 16 DO to a about 800 IO system but the problem is I never used Omron. If it was Siemens just would take me a half or a day. The basic problem is I exactly knew nothing about Omron architucture and never coded in CX-One so I am asking about the IO Map of the system.

4. Expansion rack I/O is not assigned as a special I/O unit, instead it follows a "next available word" rule. [Although this can be changed if desired]. See attachment.

This is what I thought of so my first input word should be 2007 beacuse it isnt used and the output will start from 2015 if there is no IO table as you mentioned in the 5th step.

5. If the I/O table is registered in the PLC setup you will have to either create and save a new I/O table to the PLC, OR you can delete the PLC I/O table. This allows you to add/remove I/O modules at will without faulting the processor.

This is very important for me because I will stop a system that is working and if at least at the worst scenerio I shoul be download tha last working program and should be ale to run it but if I make some mistake by changind something and without being able to download the last backup then this means sleeples nights are waiting for me so should act carefully

6. Yes of course you can upload programs from any unit providing you have the application software and cables. If the program is password protected you will of course also need the password.

HMI is the second important thing but it is good to be able to upload.

Thank you.

If you can post a Copt of the cx-p file, then we can help.

Hint: The io table is the most important part for what you are trying to achieve. This is where the addressing can be configured.

Another key point, what is the remote io? Is it rack expansion, or some sort of comms bus?

I think it is a rack expansion because if I dont remember wrong it says remote rack :0 slot :2 and remote rack :1 and slot :2 but it is kind of weird because there are 4 remote IOs but it says 2 racks.Will check out the details and write here tomorow because now I am at home and left my laptop at work. Tomorrow first thing in the morning will upload a copy of the program here.

Also the program was uploaded form the PLC but there are some comments and you can see symbolic IO also but they are Italian and I added some new Turkish comments.

As I mention 2 times before you can assume I know nothing about Omron so you are the experts to show me the way that I can figure out this job without harm to anything and anyone so looking to hear from you...

Thanks.

Here are the programs attached.

I forget to mention there are 2 PLCs. They are communicating over wireless ethernet. The second PLC is CJ1M-CPU11-ET. I am only going to change the program in the second PLC no IO will be added or removed but anyway I am posting them both here. Thanks for your interest.

The existing RIO cards are SRT2-I16-1 for 16 DI and SRT2-OD16-1 for 16 DO so these are what I will use also.

Also I find out that the outputs comes first in RIO adresses (dont know why) so I begin to write a pseudo code (just for practice) with my output adresses are 2007 which is first empty adress starting from 2000 and inputs will be 2015 which comes as the first empty adress after 2007. Can you verify that?

So if you can check both programs and tell me what to do about IO and comm. I will be delighted.Thanks.

Last edited:
SRT2 modules are CompoBus/S product.
You will have CJ1W-SRM21 modules in your I/O table.

If you download the W266 manual, setup and addressing is defined in that manual.

There will be node number switches to set on the SRT2 modules.
The node number will determine I/O addressing.

CompoBus/S is an Omron proprietary network. Omron released this to ODVA and with some modifications it is now CompoNet.

Hope this will help.

I notice that

What is part # of I/O unit you are adding and which remote rack do you plan to locate them in?

Hello

The panel where I am planning to add new IOs, teh current inputs start with 2008.0 and ends with 2010.15. The outputs start from 2000.0 and ends with 2002.15 so I think it should be Rack:01 Slot:00.

Am I able to put these new IOs to the system?

Thanks.

By the way can I use the same cable to connect to the HMIs or do I need a different cable? I am asking much questions about Omron because I am not at the site now and dont have the neither PLC nor HMI to test but when I went to site I dont want to spend my time with these basic stuff so I apologize for asking too much about Omron world.

Hello

The panel where I am planning to add new IOs, teh current inputs start with 2008.0 and ends with 2010.15. The outputs start from 2000.0 and ends with 2002.15 so I think it should be Rack:01 Slot:00.

Am I able to put these new IOs to the system?

Thanks.

Then RACK 01 is located in the panel you are adding to.
This contains two CJ1W-SRM21 CompoBus master units.
These have both been user configured with dipswitch 1 ON, so they each occupy 20 words of memory.
The first unit has been user configured as Unit #0 so occupies data areas 2000-2019.
The second unit has been user configured as Unit #2 so occupies data areas 2020-2029.

If you are adding similar master units to this rack then the next unit you add will be Unit #4, this will occupy data area 2030-2049.

You really need download/read the W266 Compobus Manual.
Attached is page from manual showing memory allocation.

Cables for programming PLC and HMI.
Depending on Version of NS and NSJ you can use standard cable OR Ethernet OR USB to Upload/Download programs.

For the PLC you either need to purchase an OMRON DB to Peripheral port cable OR make your own custom cable. As a new OMRON user I would highly recommend you purchase the correct cable.

You should also do a complete PLC program backup to a Compact Flash card prior to any changes.

From your attached program you will have to register [download] a new I/O Table to the PLC because you are adding IO modules to Rack 01.

I would highly recommend you download and study ALL relevant manuals.

Thank you very much for your answers.

Then RACK 01 is located in the panel you are adding to.
This contains two CJ1W-SRM21 CompoBus master units.
These have both been user configured with dipswitch 1 ON, so they each occupy 20 words of memory.
The first unit has been user configured as Unit #0 so occupies data areas 2000-2019.
The second unit has been user configured as Unit #2 so occupies data areas 2020-2029.

If you are adding similar master units to this rack then the next unit you add will be Unit #4, this will occupy data area 2030-2049.

I will not add a new master station to the system only only SRT modules for DI and DO which are SRT2-I16-1 for 16 DI and SRT2-OD16-1 for 16 DO. So I think I figured out the IO mapping for my case. I got the idea of the Compobus basicly.

You really need download/read the W266 Compobus Manual.
Attached is page from manual showing memory allocation.

This is what I did. I am reading this manual right now. Thanks.

Cables for programming PLC and HMI.
Depending on Version of NS and NSJ you can use standard cable OR Ethernet OR USB to Upload/Download programs.

For the PLC you either need to purchase an OMRON DB to Peripheral port cable OR make your own custom cable. As a new OMRON user I would highly recommend you purchase the correct cable.

I also found a Omron cable so this is no porblem also and I will use ethernet patch cable to upload and download HMI programs.

You should also do a complete PLC program backup to a Compact Flash card prior to any changes.

How will I do that?

From your attached program you will have to register [download] a new I/O Table to the PLC because you are adding IO modules to Rack 01.

I think you misunderstood I wont add a new master unit to the system just basic SRTs into a existing rack unit 0 which IOs aren't used now so do I need to download a new IO Table to PLC???

I would highly recommend you download and study ALL relevant manuals.

This is what I am trying to do but after some time it is boring to just read manuals :( Thanks...