Square D PLC software

There were a few versions of the sy/mate software, maybe if you contact Schneider Electric - who now own Square D, they can get you a copy (unlikely). I run mine on an XP machine with real serial port - it’s a DOS program.

You use an RS232-RS422 converter to program the PLC, which interfaces with a D9 connector. Picture of my original Sy/Max unit below.

There was a windows version of the software, which you can still buy, and a new interface - I found this on Schneider’s website:

The WinMate programming software, ordering part number 8010SFW572 can still be ordered through the Service Sales group. Simply send an email request to "[email protected]" and ask for pricing and availability on the WinMate 8010SFW572 programming software.

For the programming cable, NR&D sells a SC902 Smart cable which is a SyMax compatible RS-422 cable with a miniature RS-232/RS-422 converter built into the 9-pin RS-232 end. It is intended to be used to connect the 9-pin RS-232 COM port of a personal computer directly to the SyMax compatible RS-422 port of the controller. To purchase the SC902 cable contact to NR&D (Niobrara Research & Development) at #800-235-6723.

Andy

0F5F179A-B7DF-4D84-AC81-E7ECB4AEE63A.jpeg

I actually bought a copy of symate software to run on a windows 10 machine from FasTrak.com..... the use dosbox to run the old dos program. I believe it was like $9800 for five site licenses..... the cables are still available for purchase from NR&D.