converting signed to unsigned

I just found a new Rockwell knowledge base article (dated 10-03-2019) indicating that only the 5380, 5480 and 5580 processors support the UDINT.

I provided feedback to that article I referenced and they just told me they corrected it with the proper information.

Why would hardware make a difference here?

What will happen if the signed number is negative? obviously it cannot be converted ...

If you assume that your signed number will always be positive you don't have to do anything.

The problem comes with the opposite conversion from unsigned to signed in which the destination must be a larger integer

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, can anyone help me with covert the STL code to ladder. Iam using plc s71200. A %DB1.DBX33.7 // angel of vaccum...
Replies
Views
Hello PLCs Forum, I am in a bit of a pickle and was hoping someone could offer me some help. I have a .rss file and just need to see the ladder...
Replies
Views
Hello nice to meet you, im new in here, I'm currently trying to convert code written in STL for a S7-400 to SCL for an S7-1500, because when i run...
Replies
Views
Hello, did anybody know, if there exist an converting cable like the1492-CM1746-M01 (for an 1746-IB16 to an 5069-IB16), for an 1746-HSCE to an...
Replies
Views
Hello, This will be my first time converting powerflex 40's and 400's from devicenet to ethernet. I did some research, and it seems I will need...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom