Basic speed control with RSLOGIX 500

nickromano07

Hello all! Can anyone give me a basic run down on how to set up a simple speed control ladder program with RSLOGIX 500? I have exp. with this program and I have been using discrete commands for simple controls. I have a basic idea, I'm not starting from the bottom.
Here is what I have: Micrologix 1200 with 4channel combo modual ( 4-20ma/0-10v input&output) I want to control speed with an HMI touchscreen ( maple systems 5104T silver series plus) I have all the digital commands programmed already. I want to create a slide control with the HMI to control the speed of my drive ( Eaton SVT9000 ) Does anyone have the patients to help me construct this? As I said before, I am NOT totally new to this and ANY help would be really great! Thank you very much!

Do not know about maple hmi nor about Eaton drive, but lets say that you have a 0-100 slide in your hmi, use a N file as your 0-100% speed info, then use a SCP instruction N file is the input ( not sure about ml1200 but it works with slc 5/05) then output from SCP instruction is moved to your analog board depending if your using 0-10 VDC or 4/20 mA as your output to control speed of your drive.

thank you, I will try and work with that, I'll let you know what happens. Can you recomend a good text that covers these type of analog instructions for someone like me?

WHAT instruction would I have the HMI write to? I have the scale with parameters set up, it is the only instruction on this rung, do I have the HMI write to a B3 file and move it to N file? Can I have the HMI write directly to the N file where the different values would corrospond right away?

You need to know the output address of your analog signal. This is a 16-bit word address located in the output data file and it depends on the slot where the analog card is installed. If it is in slot 2, for example, the address might be O:2.0. This will be the destination in your SCP instruction.

The slider control in your HMI should be set up to write to an internal word memory address in the PLC, like N7:0. This will be the source data in your SCP instruction. The other SCP parameters will depend on how you want the value scaled.