E-Designer restore project from Flash

Takha

I have got E950 (probably it is "branded" version of E910) panel it came with flash card. I wonder if there is any way to restore project since there is no .mpa file inside the card? I couldn't find any Restore from backup option in the E-designer ver. 7.52 or 6.13 either. Maybe I need to have a special utility?

Ok, got it: opened new project in E-Designer 6.13, connected to the panel by serial connection (9 pin) and could download entire project into .mpa file. So, restore from backup is not required.

Although you have a copy One way of creating a backup on flash or usb is in e designer is load the project then Select transfer, then export project file with the extension .dat this creates a project that can be loaded by usb stick, copy the file to a spare usb stick (this must have a directory called projects) on it this can be created by inserting a usb stick into the HMI to automatically create the project, then copy the project file into the projects directory.
To restore the project, put the usb stick into the HMI, select dip switch 1 to on (under cover on back of HMI'0 then reboot this takes it into a system menu where you can restore the project.

Thanks, Parky. I did like you said. The reason why I need restore from backup is to transfer the project into new panel E1101.

However, it looks like the transfer from E910 was unsuccessful: I tried many times using serial. It goes till 87% max and then jumps to 100%. The panel reloads at this point (maybe the panel is faulty). I converted the received project in E-Designer 7.52, loaded it to E1101 using .dat file but it displays a mess - looks like the project is partly received. Testing of the project lists numerous errors as well.

Attempts to receive the project using TCP/IP failed with message Unable to connect. I used 192.168.1.2 address and standard network cable directly connected.

Please, advise.

This might be more of an effort than you want to take, but here goes anyway. The .mpa files are just big text files that contain the description of each and every screen and the objects on the screens. You can open them in Wordpad or Notepad+ or other simple text editor. When I have had problems in the past I have created a blank project and then copied and pasted the different sections in to it to get back most of my program. Then I just needed to recreate the bits that we lost. Just to give you an idea of what you are getting in to, a fairly simple application with 64 screens has 98000 lines of text description.

Some time ago I converted an E900 to E1100 and as there is a difference in screen size the graphics were all over the place, some fonts were missing, text fields too long etc. this created loads of errors and would not download to the E1100 however by running a project test, double clicking on the first error and correcting this I could run the test again and repeating this until all errors were cleared, this then allowed me to download the project, on one screen there were some symbols that had been created by the original programmer that seemed not to be in the project I had to re-produce these by looking at the original E900 screens, not ideal and took some time but eventually was able to replace the HMI