Yaskawa Motionworks Program

hauser73

I have a spin welding machine utilizing a Yaskawa Sigma II motor, with an MP940 controller. I am attempting to change the weld characteristics from a discrete "move" profile to a Constant torque move. I have had success with the weld but have stumbled in trying to recieve feedback (the whole point of the change). I tell the system to move with a constant torque until it reaches a target velocity, and then come to a controlled decel stop. So far, so good. I want to moniter the distance it traveled (each cycle) and compare that to target window for QC feedback to the PLC. That's the problem

I cannot find a System Parameter that contains that data and none can be reset (they're all Read Only). And for some reason, I cannot get the program let me set a user defined variable I named "home" to be equal to one of the System Variables at the start of the cycle. Then, at least I could do the math, and have my data.

Thanks for any help.

I have a feeling you are using MotionWorks Plus, not MotionWorks. They are quite different.

In MotionWorks, the feedback position can be read from input address ILC008 (32-bit value). You cannot reset this position directly, but you can either use motion command 9 (motion command register is OWC020) or place a value into home offset register OLC02A.

Now, if you use MotionWorks Plus I cannot be of much help, sorry. Call Greg Findlay at Yaskawa office in Waukegan, 847-887-7000, he might be able either to help or give a name of someone who can.

help mp940

hi, i need motionworks for programming a mp940 that erase program, please help me, i dont see software in all internet, i need mpe720 ver5 or motionworks+.
any have it?
very very thanks.

Hi, last Friday yaskawa Europe (Germany) says that no have this software yet, and not say any solution, could you have it?
I'm desperate!!

Yaskawa America sells it, but I don't think they can sell it outside of the US. I will do a little more research.

Yaskawa America or Europe doesn't sell this as a regular item. It can only be sold to customers that are known to have knowledge of how to use it. Can you contact the OEM, or maybe a Yaskawa integrator to help you?

Last edited:
Hi, yaskawa Europe sell me mp720, but i have a new problem i don't can connect to PC with mp940 and windows 10, any solution?
Thanks.

Hi, yes, it works on windows 10, but i don't communicate to mp940 with a prolific USB converter, i test with ys13 and ys15, any solution please?