Omron NX remote IO

prodigy

Hey yall,
I have a project where I am using an NX EIC202 remote IO unit and an NX102 PLC. The problem I am having is that the IO is on a different network than the PLC in the facility and I cant get them to communicate. Have any of you had any experience getting things like this to talk across the different networks?

Why are they on different networks?
For deterministic IO, that is just wrong.
If they must be on different networks, you would be better off putting another PLC on the other network & messaging.

prodigy, hi. I do not get the requirement clearly.
The NX102 PLC is an EtherNet/IP scanner and the NX EIC202 is an EtherNet/IP adapter and they are in physically separate networks?
How is the physical connection established? By means of a router? Is there a requirement to establish IO communication between the PLC and the remote IO, or would periodical explicit message request from the PLC to the remote IO suffice? I think the requirements need to be refined, or we cannot provide useful advice.

Yes, they are connected to different network switches in the plant. For example, the IO would be on a 12.232.42.xxx and the PLC would be on a 12.232.45.xxx network. I only need to turn on 3 outputs from time to time to turn on a a set of lights.

Then you might get away with changing the 3rd octet of the subnet mask, assuming it's currently /24.

Sounds like IT created the problem, throw it back at them.