Tips for downloading all versions of RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000.

I know of four current multiversions. They can be found in the optional downloads of any included version. I don't have the sub-versions handy, but here's the four available:

32.01, 31.01. 30.02, 28.03, 24.02, 20.05
32.02, 31.01, 30.02, 20.05
33.00, 32.03, 31.02, 30.02, 28.03, 24.02, 21.03, 20.05
34.01, 33.01, 32.04

I have been installing versions 10 through current. Somewhere around 12, it wont install without dotnet1. The installer for that can be found as dotnetfx.exe in the system folder of versions 17, 18, & 19 installers.

There are no links for it. Rockwell generates the link when you enter your licensing details and initiate a download.

To get the multiversion, you have to navigate to the [+] icon denoting additional downloads, then download it.

Got it, thanks.

Very late to this party, but since I'm currently building up a Windows 11 Rockwell Logix VM at the moment I've got some tips.

Install from Oldest to Newest.

If you install something new, like a 64bit CodeMeter Licence manager... when it comes to the 32bit installation down the track things will break. The 32bit installer just will NOT know about 64bit anything.

Unfortunately even going from Oldest to Newest there are challenges.
Rockwell have occassionally re-released old versions (v16 is a good example) with the newest of other things (like Start Pages, Help, Activations) and when you then try to install something like v17 it will get all complainy.
Also anything that wants .NET 1.0/1.1 on a Windows8/10/11 will be tricky. Finding the .NET 1.0/1.1 redistributables is almost impossible via Microsoft anymore.
The other issue is the Microsoft HTML Help Updater used for older RSLogix5000 releases. The way I got around this was to abandon the Setup.exe, go straight for the Logix.msi file, and use Orca to edit it to remove the check it has requiring it be run from Setup.exe.. then it will just install without doing the whole pre-req thing.
I never did find a good way to prevent all the Adobe Reader / Adobe Air installations.. but I just uninstalled it afterwards and it seemed fine.

You can't easily have v6, v7, or v8 installed at the same time.
And given these are 16bit installers they will not natively work under 64bit Windows OS (i.e. Windows 11).

The multi-installer seems to only be the most popular versions (and those without security/safety issues that won't be fixed).

My build up currently has, RSLogix 5000 v8.02,v10.07,v11.16,v12.06,v13.04,v14.01,v15.02,v16.05,v17.01,v18.02,v19.01,v20.06,v21.02,v23.00,v24.02,v26.01,v27.00,v28.03,v29.00,v30.02,v31.02,v32.04,v33.01,v34.01,v35.00
Plus RSLogix5 / 500... I've abandoned the old PLC2 and AI2 / AI5 packages. If a customer still has one of these, they can pay extra for me to mess around with getting a working environment for them.

Foolishly I included the Logix Firmware files too.. so it's chewing up a fair bit of disk space (~70GB).
But at least I never have to worry about not having the right version.

PS: For the 16bit installer (and even 16bit application) stuff, I found this:
https://github.com/otya128/winevdm/releases/latest

Based on WINE (Windows Emulator for linux), it had a few challenges.. but got there easier than a separate XP VM or similar.

Very late to this party, but since I'm currently building up a Windows 11 Rockwell Logix VM at the moment I've got some tips.

Install from Oldest to Newest.

If you install something new, like a 64bit CodeMeter Licence manager... when it comes to the 32bit installation down the track things will break. The 32bit installer just will NOT know about 64bit anything.

Unfortunately even going from Oldest to Newest there are challenges.
Rockwell have occassionally re-released old versions (v16 is a good example) with the newest of other things (like Start Pages, Help, Activations) and when you then try to install something like v17 it will get all complainy.
Also anything that wants .NET 1.0/1.1 on a Windows8/10/11 will be tricky. Finding the .NET 1.0/1.1 redistributables is almost impossible via Microsoft anymore.
The other issue is the Microsoft HTML Help Updater used for older RSLogix5000 releases. The way I got around this was to abandon the Setup.exe, go straight for the Logix.msi file, and use Orca to edit it to remove the check it has requiring it be run from Setup.exe.. then it will just install without doing the whole pre-req thing.
I never did find a good way to prevent all the Adobe Reader / Adobe Air installations.. but I just uninstalled it afterwards and it seemed fine.

You can't easily have v6, v7, or v8 installed at the same time.
And given these are 16bit installers they will not natively work under 64bit Windows OS (i.e. Windows 11).

The multi-installer seems to only be the most popular versions (and those without security/safety issues that won't be fixed).

My build up currently has, RSLogix 5000 v8.02,v10.07,v11.16,v12.06,v13.04,v14.01,v15.02,v16.05,v17.01,v18.02,v19.01,v20.06,v21.02,v23.00,v24.02,v26.01,v27.00,v28.03,v29.00,v30.02,v31.02,v32.04,v33.01,v34.01,v35.00
Plus RSLogix5 / 500... I've abandoned the old PLC2 and AI2 / AI5 packages. If a customer still has one of these, they can pay extra for me to mess around with getting a working environment for them.

Foolishly I included the Logix Firmware files too.. so it's chewing up a fair bit of disk space (~70GB).
But at least I never have to worry about not having the right version.

PS: For the 16bit installer (and even 16bit application) stuff, I found this:
https://github.com/otya128/winevdm/releases/latest

Based on WINE (Windows Emulator for linux), it had a few challenges.. but got there easier than a separate XP VM or similar.

I also run a "Almost every version" Windows 11 VM, though I didn't bother with anything below version 10 on this VM, so I have Logix 5000 V10-V20, Studio 5000 V21, 23-24, 26, and 28-35 installed along with 5 and 500.
Oldest to newest is the way I recommend also after building up several VM's in various orders.

Also I recommend not installing View Studio 13 if you are going to regularly support older HMI's as version 12 is the last one to support generating runtime files down to version 5 (And requires a patch to do so)

As for .Net 1.1 there are ways to install it on Win 10/11, the method I used was to force install the framework and SP1 through administrative command prompt commands.

For the help files, you can copy the winhlp32 file from an XP OS to replace the "Help" program in windows 10/11 (That is really just a link to the webpage saying it's no longer supported) to make the help files work again. Of course you do leave yourself open to the security risks from malware infested help files that caused Microsoft to abandon that format if you do so.

For the help files, you can copy the winhlp32 file from an XP OS to replace the "Help" program in windows 10/11 (That is really just a link to the webpage saying it's no longer supported) to make the help files work again. Of course you do leave yourself open to the security risks from malware infested help files that caused Microsoft to abandon that format if you do so.

Thanks for the tip on the older help files. In the end I deployed the latest Windows 8.1 help viewer based on this item from Microsoft
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...upported-3c841463-d67c-6062-0ee7-1a149da3973b

I just extracted the cab contents, found the winhlp32.exe, plus the associated search dll, and the en-US MUI files and copied them across. Had to take ownership of the original files, and perhaps it will break in future if Windows corruption check auto-fixes the files.. but meh, works for now.

Oh nice, that is news to me! Looks like I can reinstall V13 then and patch it over. Thanks for the updated info!

No worries.
I've just tested all the previous versions and have actually run into an issue with v23 under W11 64-bit. It throws up an error at startup 'Internal initialization error 307'. Have you seen that and worked around it?
I tried on a clean W11 VM with the same error also, so it's not multi-version related it seems..

No worries.
I've just tested all the previous versions and have actually run into an issue with v23 under W11 64-bit. It throws up an error at startup 'Internal initialization error 307'. Have you seen that and worked around it?
I tried on a clean W11 VM with the same error also, so it's not multi-version related it seems..

Yes I ran into that same error on my win11 vm and tried all kinds of things to get around it, modifying the registry, updating the .net framework compatibility configuration, etc. I think one of the newer versions of logix designer installers screwed it up but I haven't yet figured out which one and it only happens in Windows 11. V23 on my windows 10 VM with an identical build-up works fine. This got me back interested in working it out so I'm trying different versions of logix designer installs on top of v23 in a fresh win11 vm to see which one breaks it, installed by itself on windows 11 and I don't get the error (New Win11 Pro install, enabled .net framework, installed FT diagnostics and then V23.00.01 and it works with compatibility settings turned off).

This got me back interested in working it out so I'm trying different versions of logix designer installs on top of v23 in a fresh win11 vm to see which one breaks it, installed by itself on windows 11 and I don't get the error (New Win11 Pro install, enabled .net framework, installed FT diagnostics and then V23.00.01 and it works with compatibility settings turned off).
This is better than my attempts.
I've tried three separate VMs (all on the same W11 version albeit 22H2 22621), all with the exact same error.
It looks to happen before the licence prompt (the 7day warning), which has me wondering if it's something with the wibu/CodeMeter side of things, or the EVRSI stuff (from memory v23 was that last version that would still work with this).
I guess I should try the older 21H2 22000 release, although I've built up all the others on 22621, so that would suck having to do it over again.
At this stage I think v23 might just be dead to me.. but it's really annoying not having the full set.

Ok, can confirm, all worked nice on Windows 11 21H2v1 out of the box.
Which is a real pain in my butt..
So it's obviously something Microsoft did between 21H2 and 22H2.
Maybe I can break it with updates, then find which update did the break, and narrow it down to one DLL.

Ok, can confirm, all worked nice on Windows 11 21H2v1 out of the box.
Which is a real pain in my butt..
So it's obviously something Microsoft did between 21H2 and 22H2.
Maybe I can break it with updates, then find which update did the break, and narrow it down to one DLL.

I was just logging in here to say this. My buildup in the test VM works fine with a fresh windows 11 install from the 21H2 ISO, but installing the 2022 update breaks it and a fresh 22H2 windows 11 install with only version 23 has the same error also. Looks like it's an incompatibility with something Microsoft did in the 22H2 update, I think there were some .NET updates as well as file indexing updates, among many other changes.

Just for fun I tried to break it in windows 10 with the 22H2 update to that and it works fine, not that they are really all that related but my windows 10 22h2 build with all the same programs installed works fine in all versions.

Had the same problem upgrading a VM to Win 11 22H2. Versions 23, 24, 26 and 27 throw the error 307. All other versions up to 34 are OK. Anyone found out what the problem is here.

I only had the issue with v23, v24 etc all worked fine. Which order did you install them in? and do you have the latest minor versions of 24/26/27 installed?

I'm still just avoiding the 22H2 upgrade in this VM.
All the other cumulative updates etc seem to have been fine so far.
But there's so many changes in 22H2 that I didn't bother investigating much beyond seeing the shear number of different DLL revisions..

Ended up uninstalling 23, 24.00, 26 and 27 and installed just Logix Designer for 24.02 and it worked. All my later versions 28 to 33 still worked also after doing this. It was really strange, sometimes I would get pages of chinese text in like a notepad window ?