1756-ENBT v3.006 EDS file

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I have a 1756-ENBT that I'm trying to connect to, in order to get onto a DH+ network via a 1756-DHRIO module in the same chassis. I can see the web page for the ENBT, but RSLinx won't recognise it. I expect that this is because the firmware is version 3.006, and I only have an EDS file for 3.001. I have tried to download the eds files from the rockwell PCDC, but even when you specifically select version 3.006, it just gives you a generic "1756-ENBT EDS files" download, which doesn't include v3.006.

How can I get the EDS file? Or is there a way to get past the need for it and still get online with my DH+ device regardless?

Flashing the firmware is not a preferred option in the circumstances.

When I search for the 1756-ENBT EDS, the attached zip file is what I get.

Looks like there are a variety of eds files in there......does it include the one you need?
That's the file I get, and no, it only contains the most recent minor revision for each major revision.

Using RSLinx/RSWho what do you see when you right click the ENBT, you should see upload EDS from the menu

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/67280
Yeah, for some reason I've never ever been able to use that feature. I've tried on dozens of machines and the option has just never been there when I right click. I can't work out why.

In this case, it's likely because the ENBT is X'd out in RSLinx. It's not just the yellow question mark, it's the yellow question mark with the red X over it. This is despite the fact that when browsing, RSLinx tells me it found a module at that address, and the fact that I can open its web page and browse the chassis.

Okay. Turns out, I'm an idiot. I'm using the Ethernet Devices driver, not Ethernet/IP, meaning I had to type the IP address in manually. I typed 192.186 instead of 192.168 šŸ™ƒ

I've since found an article that confirms that I don't need the specific minor revision EDS, as long as I have the major revision I'm fine. As evidenced by the fact that I can now connect, seeing as I've corrected the typo.

Still not quite sure why RSLinx claimed to have found a node at 192.186.4.60 though...if it hadn't told me that there was something there I'd have probably spotted the typo a lot earlier!

Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 8.50.51 am.png