twenty four hour reset slc 500

sheirj

I am new to programming and my skills have accelerated greatly due to this website. Thanks for your responses.
Does anyone know if there is a command to reset at twenty four hour intervals in a slc 500.
I need to reset totals at midnight every day.
Thank you

If you have a SCADA system, use that for the reset (turn a bit on momentarily). It is also very easy to set the clock on a SCADA computer. If no SCADA, you can use the PLC internal time clock but would have to set the clock manually from time to time.

If you do not want to use the internal; time clock, you can use an internal pulse into a counter.

There are others ways as well, particularly if the PLC has a long type of timer.

I'm sorry I just don't quite understand your message. Does this all go on one rung. Does B3/0 move S:39 to N7:0. What is the not equal for.

Greetings sheirj,

if you Copy-and-Paste PhillipW’s text string into a new rung, this is what you’ll get ...

dtr_day2.JPG

I added the comments to (hopefully) help you understand what's going on ... if you need more detail, please post again ...

also ... you said that you have an SLC-500 ... both PhillipW and I are assuming (gosh I hate that word) that you have something a lot more powerful than that ... specifically, an SLC-500 does not have a realtime clock/calendar - so this approach would not work for you ... but ... I checked the other posts that you’ve made ... it looks like you’re working with an SLC-5/05 ... please try to be more specific in the future ... the model numbers DO make a difference ... one size solution does NOT fit all processors ...

PS Edit ... rats! ... Mickey beat me - again ... but just by a hair ... both of our posts have the same time-stamp ... first time I've ever been that close before ... must type faster ... must type faster ...

Last edited:
Ron,
You explained it for sheirj, I was going to let sheirj do that part.
Typing is not my thing.

Greetings Mickey,

normally I don't do the "silver platter" explanation thing ... but some comments in sheirj's previous posts make me think that he's not a student looking for a free ride ...

anyway ... back when I was in high school, typing was considered "women's work" ... a guy could get the daylights beat out of him in gym class for going near a typewriter ... now-a-days they call it "keyboarding" and even manly-men can do it without shame ... I'm getting better every day ...

Or another way:

SOR EQU S:40 0 EQU S:41 0 EQU S:42 0 OTE B3/0.

In your reset rung, drop in an XIC B3/0. Then for one second at midnight the rung will go false, performing the reset.

Thanks again for all your help.

Ron, If you remember, you volunteered your help earlier on this same problem. I am trying to ascii read and write to a loss of weight controller. If you recall, I have to send a hex code to the controller. The maker of the controller doesn't know how to do it. i am getting closer all the time. The hex code starts with 3E31205456 etc. The way you write this is \3e\31\20\54\56 in a string file then hit enter. It will change to ascii. Now I am in controll...KOOL! No, I am not a student but I just graduated. I have less than one year to learn two water plants and greatly appreciate your help.
Thanks again to all who replied. Soon I hope to be able to help someone else.

Sheirj

Sorry sheirj for not replying sooner....time zones way apart i guess.

Ron as usual has turned my somewhat brief reply into a master piece. (y)

If you see a line of code as I posted....all that you needed to do was copy it, then in RSLogix start a new blank rung, double click on the left-hand rung selector, which will open a text entry line box that you then just paste the code into. Hit enter and the ladder will be there for you.