pid loop help

gary marano said:
Can anybody tell me what exactly what pid stands for and what each
letter does for the process.

Proportional
Integral
Derivative

You should do searches on this site for some EXCELLENT postings from Ron Beaufort.

Marc

PID a world to itself

gary marano said:
Can anybody tell me what exactly what pid stands for and what each
letter does for the process.

Gary

Welcome to the wonderful world of PID. Welcome to a state of confusion for at least a week.

Ron Beauforts posts on PID are excellant. I learned a lot from them. They are
What is P in PID
What is I in PID
What is D in PID
You can find these by searching on the title(s) above. There are other posts of course but these are the most direct.

After you read these and get some sort of comprehension
I have a post where I asked what to do with them. The key words to find this by search command is PID trigger. This may not be that valuable to you because it is centered on AB SLC 5/05.

Dan Bentler

pid

Well Pid As Stands For
P: Proportional
I: Integral
D:derivative

Now P,i,d Are 3 Different Identites In Field Of Process Where U Want To Control Some Parameter Like Temp,pressure,flow,level Etc.
To Know About Pid U Should First Know About These Parameters Their Characteristics Dead Lag Time.
Then It Has To Be Implemented To All These Parameters.
What Is Effect Of P
What Is Effect Of I
What Is Effect Of D
What Do U Mean By Steady State Response,transient Response
And Gains Of P,i,d.

Pid

PID :

P - Proportional control
I - Integral control
D - Derivative control

PID FORMULA:

Y-Y0 = Kp(PV-SP)+INTEGRAL OF Ki(PV-SP)WITH RESPECT TO TIME + DERIVETIVE OF Kd (PV-SP)dt

Y Stands for controller output
Y0 Stands for last controller output to manual mode to auto mode
Kp stands for Proportional gain
PV-SP = Error
Ki Stands for Integral time
Kd Stands for Derivative Time

P CONTROL:
P Control gives the output multiplies with gain and error (error may be positive or negative)

I Control:
I Control gives the output integrates the error with respect to time.

D Control:
D control uses for advanced action like temperature control.