Which Software do I use?

2rlp

I have been tasked with modifying a system that uses the following

• BMXP342020 PLC and
  • HMIGXU3512 HMI.
I gather they are made by Schnieder Electric. But am not aware of the software that is used on this make.

Please someone point me to the right softwares

Thanks

Software packages below :)

BMXP342020 PLC - Unity Pro
HMIGXU3512 HMI. - Vijeo designer

Can you really pay to reprogram the machine from scratch instead of getting the programming tools ?

Last edited:
Fine, whatever. I don't know the scope of the machine or how well his customer wants it to work, or whether he's got an infinite time budget.

Fine, whatever. I don't know the scope of the machine or how well his customer wants it to work, or whether he's got an infinite time budget.

I agree it seems ridiculous..plus the cost of the replacement PLC/HMI combo

If I was the customer I would reject the extra downtime & risk associated with this 'reprogramming', sounds like the OP doesnt even have a reliable code backup to work with right now

I agree it seems ridiculous..plus the cost of the replacement PLC/HMI combo

If I was the customer I would reject the extra downtime & risk associated with this 'reprogramming', sounds like the OP doesnt even have a reliable code backup to work with right now

I'm not even sure why the OP asked the question in the first place if the decision to jump to another manufacturer is that easy....

As i said, the software works fine in trial mode for a good few weeks.

Unity Pro S. One of the better ones I used. But you will most likely need to get the .sta or .xef copy if it was developed in an earlier version.

Hi,
I have already done 5 similar projects on Delta. So yes the software has already been tried & tested. The said project was left incomplete by a Schnieder system house about 9 years back. All I need to do is to install the sensors as per my requirement and change the PLC to Delta. This will be much cheaper than purchasing Unity Pro