I need to monitor over the internet some VFD

josfal

Hello Guys,

I hope you can help me with this. I have 6 Weg VFD, CFW-11. is there a way of monitoring it from the Internet? If not is there a way on the plant to monitor it from a computer?

I also have the same question for an Allen Bradley, Powerflex 525.

Thanks in advance for the help.

You need to monitor with a HMI o Scada (for example show a motor running, amps, speed) in the computer or just use a software to program an monitor remotely the VDF?
Are you using PLC to command the VDF?

We are not using PLC's... I need to know if there is any software that tells me if they are running and the running speed in Hz if its possible. I am having an issue in the company where i am working at, the electricity is very bad, so the generator has to come on at least 3-5 times every day.... sometimes the VFD don't get back to the speed they were set up before the power outage, that's the reason why I want to monitor them remotly, so I dont have to walk thru the plant checking if they are working or not.... Is that possible

For me the way to go for secure data communication over the WAN is OPC UA ... install an OPC UA server in the plant and configure it to accept only connections with trusted certificates.