Allen Bradley 9300 ENA - Setting Up using a web browser

Good Afternoon ,

This is one of my dumbest questions yet. I never set up a NAT translator before. When you use a web browser , I can use Internet Explorer , correct ?
I imagine you need to be on the internet to utilize this , correct ? What actually is happening when you type in the recommended IP Address in the address bar ?
Have you folks come across any good YouTube video's showing the procedure , setting up a 9300-ENA , have you ?

Thanks in advance ,

Good Afternoon ,

This is one of my dumbest questions yet. I never set up a NAT translator before. When you use a web browser , I can use Internet Explorer , correct ?
I imagine you need to be on the internet to utilize this , correct ? What actually is happening when you type in the recommended IP Address in the address bar ?
Have you folks come across any good YouTube video's showing the procedure , setting up a 9300-ENA , have you ?

Thanks in advance ,
Hi Baker in Virginia!
No question is dumb, it's the manufacturer's lack of instruction for the most part.

I have recently configured multiple NATs and even though your issue is almost 1 year old now, I'll answer it anyways:

If you have a brand new 9300 ENA, you need to first:
Change your computers' LAN port's IP address to 192.168.1.3 by going onto Network and Sharing Center> Change adapter settings> Double click LAN adapter> Properties> Click once on IPV4 from this list> Change the IP address to 192.168.1.3, subnet to 255.255.255.0, leave everything blank.

Once you have done this, connect your computer's LAN cable to a powered up NAT's config port, wait for connection to be established, and then type in 192.168.1.1 in your web browser, and you should have the configs.

I found the above info on this guide: https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/enet-um001_-en-p.pdf

To answer your question about needing to connect to the internet, you don't need to! The NAT has a build in web interface you can access using any modern browser.

I have set up quite a few of these devices. The link provided by PeeLC is the information I used to get started the first time.
I ran into some issues when setting up my first 9300.
The biggest issue I ran into is that no matter what I did, the Username/Password that is set by default would not work for me.
In the end, I went to one of our other 9300-Nat devices and saved the configuration to an SD card. I keep this SD card close at hand and use it as a default configuration set up. If you insert an SD card that has only 1 configuration saved to it, and the Nat device is in "default/unconfigured" mode, the Nat device will load the configuration from the sd card to the device. (this is a default setting you can change later)
When using a default SD card configuration, please make sure you dont crash your network by having conflicting public IP addresses.
Double check that you have set the Public IP address for the Nat and that the Public IP addresses for your PLC devices are set to the addresses you have planned out prior to allowing the Nat device to transmit across your network.