1734-ACNR PointIO

freshmeat

Hi Experts,

I got a 1734-ACNR failed on-site recently. I have replaced it with a new ACNR (node number and chassis size configured) but can't fix the problem.

As the system has been running for over an year (no update recently), it should not relating to programming/configuration issue I guess.

The ACNR modules status LED keeps flashing green and PointBus LED keeps flashing red simultaneously. Both channel A & B, System Power and Field Power LED are solid green.

The ACNR carrying totally 19 modules (IB8 and OB8 only) with 1 EP24DC in the middle. All IO modules modules status LED are solid green but network status LED keep flashing green. For the EP24DC, all LED on it are solid green.

There are other ACNR connecting to the same frontal and those are working just fine. The frontal is a ControlLogix L61 (16.54) with redundancy.

The ACNR replaced from site was tested on test platform and working so I am guessing something to do with TB, IO modules or EP24DC.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Freshmeat

Thanks to your reply, I have checked the status on site.

What is the fault showing in Logix?

What is the network status showing on the modules?

The Fault code shown on Logix is 16#0010, Mode or state of modules does not allow object to perform requested service.

The Network Status on all IO modules are Flashing green.

Firmware the same?
What do you see when you browse the network with RSNetworx?

The Firmware of ACNR is 1.83, same as other RIO.
On RSNetworx I can see the ACNR with 19 empty slots (chassis size configured to 20)

Also, when I checked the port diagnostic of the ACNR with RSLinx, the "Transmitted Good", "Received Good" and "Total Received" counters were increasing. The Network Update Time (NDT) is 5ms same as other RIO. I can only see the ACNR on RSLinx, no IO modules shown.
Hope this help.

Regards,
Freshmeat

Last edited:
No IO? Are you absolutely certain that the connecting fingers on the right side of the ACNR are actually mated with the first terminal base?

I've seen it where someone would change ONLY the ACNR, without removing terminal bases, and the adapter module didn't actually lock and connect to the terminal base next to it.

That many modules, you do have them broken up with some extra power supplies, right?

Hi rdrast,

Yes, I'm certain all terminal bases and ACNR are connected.
There is a EP24DC inserted between slot12 and slot13.

Feashmeat

Hi Experts,

Sorry for late update.
The problem is resolved after replacing all 19 IO modules.
I have tested the IO modules replaced from site and none of them working, but the modules status LEDs are still showing solid green....

Thank you everyone.

Freshmeat