Factory Talk ME PVP Project

toddp65

I'm working a project that involves a panel plus 1000 (or other, still researching the HMI, but it'll use FTV) and I'm trying to animate some of the graphic object piping samples provided in the library.
I've went thru the process of adding the tag (Using a MLX 1400), etc and when I go to test it the pipes should turn green when true, red when false. i just get black for 1 and the standard image for 0. Not sure what's up, I've followed various tutorials and can't seem to get it accomplished.

Thanks

I don't have program in front of me but I was under the impression you could use a tag or expression--does it need to be an expression?. It looks similar to this {test PLC}B3:0/3.
Am I incorrect and you have to create an expression? I tried but couldn't quite figure it out (if B3:0/3=1 then ???) IOW, If the input is true then energize the green color.

You're correct, you can just use a tag. Technically, a tag is just a very simple expression.

Post your expression/tag exactly as you have it entered. There is some quite particular syntax required with tag entry, even more so with the Micrologix/SLC platform, which generally require a preceding double-colon ( :: ) to tell the expression that any following colons (e.g. B3:0/3) are part of the tag address and not a continuation of the expression

{plc_inport\B3_0_3}

This is copied directly from program animation window

as of right now the program isn't in an HMI, only the software. My test is done using the test display feature so I'm not sure if the referencing tag makes a huge difference until it's downloaded and functioning with the PLC; with the expression above when it hit the test button it changes from the pipes to black so there's a change of state' just not the color indicated.

Last edited:
Sometimes FT can be confusing. Are you sure you are changing the correct color field, often I end up changing the line or background and not the foreground. Can you post a screen shot of your animation configuration screen?

Are you using the pipes from the Symbol Factory? You have to change the property for fill color before you insert them.

Last edited:
Ken,
I am using the symbol factory.
I tried attaching screen shot but it exceeded the size allowed; not sure how to change property for fill color.

So here's the property window. It doesn't allow me to change those colors (red and green) either way when i test it only swaps black from the default pipe

Last edited:
Todd, Make a memory tag, call it Test. Make a maintained button for Test tag. Change color animation from B3/tag to Test. Run application. Click Maintained button. Pipe color should change color. If it does then you need to check your connections.

{plc_inport\B3_0_3}

This is copied directly from program animation window

Your Tag description is showing the tag is located in a folder named PLC_inport. So either the tag in you tag database folder is not mapped correctly or your laptop is not connected to a PLC or Your Shortcut is not mapped correctly in the Design Tab. If you use the running man to test an application it uses the Design Connection not the Runtime Connection. The Runtime Connection is used by the PVP your laptop uses the Design Connection. One last thing, Check your spelling on all your connections and shortcuts. They must match to work. We have been bitten by a misspelled word. Whether it a shortcut name or tag name or a folder name.

This is hilarious but I believe my issue is using two monitors; the back/foreground color boxes are on my laptop and I didn't see them opening to change to color. I think I may have it now.