Non-Retentive Timer OFF-Delay Question

coldplay2010

Hello guys, I am currently looking through some examples of how timers work, but this ladder logic diagram gets me really confused.
Once I:1/0 is open and the timer starts timing, the green light should be energized. Once it ends timing, how is it that the red light turns on instead of turn off? I have the simulator, but I still do not understand.

website.jpg

TON works with a delay to activate the output.

TOF works with a delay to desactivate the output. If you lose the input condition, the timer is activated and start counting, and the output of the timer is only desactivated after that the time has reached the preset time.

In resume:

Input True: Output true
Input false: Timer start decrementing, output true
Time is elapsed : Output false
Input back to true: Output true

Last edited: