A-B PanelView7 Standard doesn't read processor tags

Tom350

Hi all,

I've trouble with communication between PV7 and processor values.

A network of a IO rack (with 1747-AENTRs) and 3 PanelView7 standars is a ring. All racks and PV7s are connected to ETAPF2s. Network works properlly. First PV7 works correctlly also. But a second one has trouble with connection to him proccesor and read/write data.

If I check application in runtime on eng station, everything work, can see values, control valves... But If I download application to PV7 and browse display with values, than see DIAGNOSTICs PANEL:
[FactoryTalk]: The Item is no longer available: [shortcut]tag

All tags on HMI screens are online values from processor.
FT View ME is v 10.00.01, firmware in PV7 also v10. Rev. in CompactLogixes is 30.11
A HMI project of second one is copy of first one. And first one is working properlly. Shortcut for first processor is: [1], for second one is: [2]. Both PV7 are communicate with different processors.

Do you have any idea or experience with this?
My imagination is over.

I'm not exactly clear on your setup because you talk about 3 PV7's and two different logix plc's..... but have you ruled out configuration problems? Can you ping the PV7 that isn't working? Could you have duplicate IP addresses?

Generally if it works on your engineering station but does not work on the PanelView terminal then the problem lies with RSLinx Enterprise (now called FactoryTalk Linx in newer versions).

In the Communications Setup there are two tabs. Design handles the communications so that your computer can act like the PV and talk with the PLC. The Runtime tab is where you configure how the PanelView talks to the PLC. It sounds like the Design tab was configured (because it works on engineering station) but the Runtime was not (because the PV isn't working)

Open the application in FactoryTalk Studio and in the RSLinx Enterprise Communications Setup there is a button to copy the Design configuration to the Target tab. Do that, apply and click OK. Then create a new runtine.

OG

Scarince:
All IP addresses are unique. I can ping all IO racks, processors, PV7's. IO network works properlly.

In ring network are IO racks and 3pcs PV7's, ring is connected to Stratix5700. Processor are star to Stratix5700.
Each PV7 should communicat with his processor. All network contain 12 processors, for each processor 12 IO rack. And 3 processor have PV7's. except IO racks.

Operaghost:
Design and RUntime are setuped also. In network is 1PV, that works in excellent condition. This second (and third also) do this fault.

Mike: This I checked. Tryed make blank FT project, with setuped communication and 1 value on HMI screen. And was same.

If your sample application doesn't work, then the problem is very likely to be in your communication configuration.

Either post the Archive file or some screenshots of your destination tab in FactoryTalk Linx.