WinCC Data to Cloud

mad4x4

Does WInCC v15 RT Proffessional come with a OPC UA interface? Can Azure talk OPC? or do I have to use MQTT. Can WinCC talk to MQTT?

What software do i need to get WinCC to talk MQTT, or OPC UA, assume Kepware will support OPC UA as it is an OPC server. Can it talk to Azure Cloud? if so how?

All of above is because I am currently looking for a way to link a Siemens PLC (s7-1511) & Wonderware scada to a Microsoft Azure Cloud.

So far I think I could use MQTT or OPC but not sure what support what and how to go about it. Is there a guide on how to setup an OPC Client on Azure

Im so confused with this cloud stuff.

1500's (with relatively current FW and S7 versions) offer OPC UA out of the PLC as an addon license. HOWEVER, you probably don't want to expose your PLC direct to the internet like that.

Siemens also offers an MQTT library on the support site:
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/us/en/view/109748872

They also recently released a module that can act as a gateway. It specifically lists Azure compatibility, though I have no idea what that actually means.

CloudConnect 712: 6GK1411-1AC00
https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/us/en/view/109768728