A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

could it work with S7 300
i have siemens S7 300 with profibus network "drive ,temperature controller and distributed I/O"
could i use it to monitor and modify the set point for the temperature controller over the profibus network?
It currently does not have a Siemens driver. If a driver was written based on the ICommComponent interface, then it would work.

S7

How I could check if it is written by
ICommComponent interface?
could i write a driver or where I may find the driver
many thanks

could i write a driver or where I may find the driver
ICommComponent is the definition file that is part of AdvancedHMI. This files gives the format that the driver must conform to. If there exists a DLL or VB driver, then you can wrap it in a class that makes it conform to ICommmComponent. It's not an easy task unless you know VB.NET really well.

Archie:

When are you planning for the release of Modbus TCP/IP? If not soon, what 3rd party driver option would you recommend that works with this HMI? Any option you suggest must have these features: License Free and Royalty Free. (Pay for the driver once then builds and distributes as many machine or systems as you can)

When are you planning for the release of Modbus TCP/IP? If not soon, what 3rd party driver option would you recommend that works with this HMI? Any option you suggest must have these features: License Free and Royalty Free. (Pay for the driver once then builds and distributes as many machine or systems as you can)
Unfortunately there are no current plans to do a Modbus/TCP driver anytime soon. I usually write the drivers when I have a current project in which I need it. Coincidentally I was on a call this morning discussing an application that would need a Modbus/TCP driver to talk to a Hardy scale. Although there are no plans today for a driver, that could change tomorrow.

You can use a third party driver, but you would have to write a wrapper to implement the ICommComponent interface. Interfaces are kind of advanced when it comes to VB, but not really that difficult to implement.

I would not start with an OPC driver since they do not play very nice with .NET. If you were to use a .NET third party driver, then it could be fairly easy to get it to work with AdvancedHMI.

The Beckhoff TwinCAT driver is an example of using a wrapper with a third party driver, although not a good example because I put some advanced features in there that make it kind of hard to follow without spending some time with it.

There seems to be many free open source drivers for Modbus/TCP. If anyone can point me to one that is .NET based, I can look into making a wrapper for it.

Archie
I have a Hardy scale at my shop that talks Ethernet I/P. I don't know if that one will just tossing it out as an idea.

RIDICULOUS, it looks incredible. Getting something that works with TwinCat is definetely a step in the right direction, from what I was told there is no RSView/WinCC equivalent for TwinCat.

Archie
I have a Hardy scale at my shop that talks Ethernet I/P. I don't know if that one will just tossing it out as an idea.
Jeff... we discussed an Ethernet/IP option for the project, but I figured Modbus/TCP would make it a whole lot easier.

Ethernet/IP is an overly complicated protocol to implement from scratch. Although I have one Ethernet/IP driver, very little of it is re-usable to talk to a different slave.

Plus you get paid to develope a new driver that we all get to use. Thank the customer for us if you get a chance to.

first post

helllo

now I am wondering is it posible to make a connection betwen advance HMI and PIC Microcontroler, say 16F877A with UART module???any idea!!!

thanxs in advance, no need to say that Iam a newbie :D

If you add a DFI driver then yes.
great...now can you give me some hint's i just want to controll some free port pin'e on PIC MCU with a clikc on a momentrybutton on AdvanceHMI???i did some googling but did not find eny example on this subject!

sorry for my english :rolleyes:

Hi Archie, looks great. I was programming both PLC's and some VB projects before I retired in 2006. So the latest VB liscense I have is VB 6.0.
Can I access your code with that ? I suspect not, and I would really like to play with it a bit. I do some PLC programming on the side, but it's mostly for people for automating their home controls (heating/cooling systems) to help them cut down on their power bills.
All at no cost to them other than the controls themselves.
My wife and I live on my SS, so the cost of new VB liscense is outside of our budget.
Thank you for the reply, and please, keep up the good work... Really great.
Longshanks