Siemens IEC Timer

Sparks

Hi all, is it possible to compare the Elapsed time from an iec timer (SF4) with another value using a compare block.

hello Sparks;

I don't have Step 7 available now, so I am basing my answer to this statement from Siemens' website:

How can you calculate times?

ANSWER:
The IEC TIME format is a double-integer format type and can therefore be calculated with normal arithmetic.

A TIME variable is equivalent to the number of milliseconds you want to represent; that is,
[TIME] T#1s == {DINT] L#1000

So yes, you should ne able to compare the value of expired time (attributed to a MDxx variable, for example) of the IEC ttimer with a DINT value.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

The problem is that the comparing DINTs with TIMEs isnt allowed in LAD or FBD when typechecking is on (and it SHOULD be on !).

Do it in STL.
There is no typechecking in STL, so you can do it with no problems.

Here is how to:
Create the compare network in LAD as normal, and specify two DINTs for the compare block.
Switch to STL and exchange one of the DINTs for the TIME variable.
When switching back to LAD, the "offending" rung will remain in STL.