Panelview 800 Alarm Triggers/Messages

toddp65

Has anyone had any luck programming these? Source plc is a MicroLogix 1400 via ethernet. The tag referenced is a bit and alarm type is a bit set to 1. When I toggle the bit true on the program I receive no alarms on the HMI. This is very frustrating as it seems like it should be simple. I just can't help thinking I'm missing something.

TIA

Ok--after going ahead and just doing my own indicator type alarms via the PLC to display on the HMI and testing it--the alarms started working? I guess doing a download to the PLC with the revised program and re-boot of the HMI triggered something.

Ive always done the logic in the PLC to write to an N7 data file for whatever alarm is triggered. Then with the alarms setup on the Panelview 800 set the ALARM TYPE to Numeric and had the corresponding number in the Value for whatever alarm was triggered from the PLC

Thanks--I was going to try that after choosing the bit option and it not working; I didn't change anything about the alarm setup, I jut left it, and when I did an unrelated download they started working....

only because i personally wouldnt like NOT knowing why something didnt work then just started to work, i would change it if you have time so you know WHY its working. but thats just me, the other school of thought is if it aint broke dont fix it. 🍻

I agree with both schools of thought...that said, I've found the PV 800 and the whole line of CCW line of products to be somewhat quirky. My changes on the PLc were originally online edits...perhaps the actual download was what changed it.

Exactly, I do it that way and it works very well. However, when I recognize the faults, the banner will only appear again when there is a new trigger. Does anyone know how to get it triggered from time to time?