MicroLogix 1400 MB TCP & RTU

RBergmann

Does anyone know if the MicroLogix 1400, Series B, can handle both Modbus RTU & Modbus TCP at the same time? I am working on a project that has existing RTU communications. I need to provide a chart recorder with two digital signals for alarm messages. However the customer purchased the chart recorder without digital inputs so I thought, since the 1400 can handle Modbus comms, maybe I could send the bit signal via TCP.

Does anyone have experience with this?

The MicroLogix 1400 Series B can simultaneously support Modbus/TCP on the Ethernet port and Modbus RTU on a serial port.

The EtherNet/IP protocol also happily co-exists on the same Ethernet port with the Modbus/TCP client or server.

Similar Topics

Iam facing a Problem in micrologix 1400 communicating with Modbus TCP. I need to Read Some Register Data. on testing with modscan its showing...
Replies
Views
Hello, experts! I poll some holding registers on Micrologix 1400 through Modbus TCP. The PC and the PLC are connected directly with Ethernet cable...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Question straight up: if I have a micrologix 1400 with a value of 1234 in register N7:0, how can I convert that value to ASCII values and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have been working on a Micrologix 1400 Rev B trying to get it to request Modbus registers via Ethernet. It is connected to a Rosemount...
Replies
Views
I want to read micrologix 1400 plc data with register address with the help of java program on ethernet using tcp ip. Please anybody help me...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom