ab c600 panel view programing

ashif_yst

which softwer we r use for ab c600 panel view!
also how can communication with micro logix 1400 slc via ethernet?

i have rs view studio me softwer.how can communication & also tag creat with c600 panei view?

🍻

pls help ................

Regards,
Ashif

If this is the panelview component series, then you don't need software, you just use a web browser to access the unit's built in configuration software

That part number isn't valid according to the configuration and selection tool at ab.com

There are four different families of Panelviews:
Panelview Standard (black bezel, older line programs with Panelbuilder32)
Panelview Plus (gray bezel, Factory Talk Studio)
Panelview Compact (same as Panelview Plus, but smaller)
Panelview Component (newer cheaper unit with built in software, just requires a compatible web browser)

http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/1239781/1670480/

Last edited:
Thank u,
Sir

I have c600 Panelview Component (newer cheaper unit with built in software, just requires a compatible web browser)

Design software is on the PanelView Component operator interface or
Emulator software is down load fromInternet Explorer 7 or Firefox 3.0

pls.reply

I have no experience with those units, but it is my understanding that you just give it a valid IP address and type that into your web browser. Once connected to it, it can be set up from the web browser.

Search the forum for "Panelview AND Component" and see what turns up.

Dear sir,
curently i cannect panel view(c600) to pc via ethernet.but not search ip add. in web browser.
when cannection betwen pc to hmi Internet must reqiured?
pls give me answer.........

Regards,
Ashif

I just programmed one of these PanelView Component 600 terminals; finished it today actually. You need to do as the previous poster said and set the IP address of the terminal. Once the IP address is set you can simply plug it into your Internet browser and access the "Dashboard". Use the format http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address you assign. From there you can create tags, screens, etc.

I found it easy enough to use but I wouldn't want to do a large application with it. Everything takes longer since you are connected to the terminal the whole time. There is also an offline programming tool available but I haven't tried it yet. That might make it less painful.

The system I programmed was connected to a MicroLogix1100 over Ethernet and it worked great.

Dear sir/
thanks for reply..

but for this programing timing internet online required or not...pls reply as well as soon...........
I'm not sure if I understand your question. You do not need an Internet connection. You need to connect a network cable from your computer to the PanelView or use an Ethernet switch and connect both devices to the switch. You then need to configure the IP address of the PanelView from the PanelView terminal.