Issue with FactoryTalk SE Alarm and Event Banner

jograzn2

I've got an issue with a FactoryTalk SE application I'm currently working on. I've got a CompactLogix Processor (1769 L35E) that will monitor some temperatures. In FactoryTalk Studio I've configured my RSLinx Enterprise server and HMI Server to support alarms and events.

I've created two ALMD instructions in the CompactLogix for testing. I can create numeric displays in the HMI to show that the InAlarm status is going from 0 to 1 when I toggle some input bits on the same rung as the ALMDs.

However, when the alarm becomes active the banner never displays this change, i.e. it continues to show "Waiting for Alarm Events"

It seems that the shortcut to the CompactLogix is working fine since I can see changes on the PLC tags on the HMI. However the Banner does not seem to be recognizing the alarms. Also, when I try to subscribe to events in the property tag of the banner I can browse the areas of my application but when I try to browse the event sources, I can't see anything pop up in the explorer window. I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone might have. I've attempted to follow all the set up in the online books included with FT View Stuido and the Alarm and Event Setup Guide.

Thank you for your time.

If memory serves, there are two places (how convenient) that one must perform some action in order for the FTAE to work. One is in the RSLinx Enterprise Communication setup, the other one somewhere towards top of the tree in project properties (or sth like that)

The first step, is to go (online) to the ALMD instruction, open it's properties box, and go to the status tab. That will show if it is connected to the FTAE handler (and how many).

In my projects with a banner, and a separate big alarms page, I show two subscribers.

Thanks everyone for your help. I tried both methods and still had some issues. The ALMD block did not have any subscribers.

Upon further inspection, I found that my FactoryTalk Services versions were 2.3 on the Client and 2.2 on the Server. The FactoryTalk Alarms and Events were both at V2.2 I've updated all my FactoryTalk packages to CPR9 SR3 and it now appears to be working (at least better). I see subscribers in my ALMD blocks and the banner actually shows alarms now.

Thanks again for the help.