GSV instruction

Hi

I am using GSV instruction to read the controller Fault status in Logix. I did this routine in Main program.

Do i need to copy paste the same routine in Fault Handler also. So that the routine will be executed if its not executed in Main program during faulty condition. Kindly clarify.

Only if you need to clear the faults, thus allowing the controller to continue execution. The fault info will still be accessible via the RSLogix software.

Tip : do not just clear all faults in a fault routine, inspect to see what faults are present, and only clear those you are content to.

How to read major and minor fault details. I used GSV instruction with classname faultlog and attribute name as Majorfaultbits. I generated io error, but i could able to see any fault status in destination which is a DINT. Bit 3 should shold be ON to show io error, but i donot get any status. I did this logic in main routine.

Have you set the i/o module property to create a major fault ?

you need to set module properties "Generate Major Fault if module faults"

if you don't, an i/o module fault is a Minor fault

Last edited: