Need a bit of help with a PLC program

The diagram shows every possibility. For example when the ball starts in the middle it may somehow end up in the goal without going through the field sensor - this would still be a goal but you can't show speed.

Specifically:

You can only arrive in state 3 if the ball has gone from F1 to G1 and stays there for a time. From here you can calculate the speed as you store the times when F1 and G2 are activated. You also increment the goal count.

You can only arrive in state 5 if the ball is in the centre of the pitch but then arrives in the goal. You increment the goal count but you cannot show a speed.

etc. etc.

The diagram shows every possibility. For example when the ball starts in the middle it may somehow end up in the goal without going through the field sensor - this would still be a goal but you can't show speed.

Specifically:

You can only arrive in state 3 if the ball has gone from F1 to G1 and stays there for a time. From here you can calculate the speed as you store the times when F1 and G2 are activated. You also increment the goal count.

You can only arrive in state 5 if the ball is in the centre of the pitch but then arrives in the goal. You increment the goal count but you cannot show a speed.

etc. etc.

That is very cleaver thinking but need a speed measurement EVERY goal + The ball can't end up in the goal without crossing any fieldsensors, that's impossible :s

https://ibb.co/czy6Qy

I currently have this.

1. Field sensor receives signal = move local time ( nanseconds is to small but seconds is to big so I took nanoseconds)

2.Goal sensor receives signal = move local time again

3. Main Subtract nanoseconds and calculate speed

Any thoughts, I don't really know whether it's correct or not

Use T_DIFF to calculate the time between events:

NB LTIME not available in S7-1200 so you will have to use a time variable.

tdiff.jpg

Last edited:
nice thread,i had the same problem
o.png