OLDI communication card with Siemens Microbox

Rob...

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know if they are compatible?

Asked their tech help but haven't got a reply yet.

I have the card set up in a Control logix rack, an is communicating fine with a couple of S7-400 CPUs, via industrial Ethernet.

OLDIs website says they are compatible with the 300/400, 1200/1500 range.

The microbox is programmed with step 7 classic.

A Microbox is just a PC, it doesn't communicate really communicate with anything by itself; the software that it runs does.

I assume that the microbox is running WinAC RTX, the soft PLC similar to the S7-300?

If so, than it will probably work. WinAC RTX supports just about all the same Ethernet communications methods that the HW PLCs do.

A Microbox is just a PC, it doesn't communicate really communicate with anything by itself; the software that it runs does.

I assume that the microbox is running WinAC RTX, the soft PLC similar to the S7-300?

If so, than it will probably work. WinAC RTX supports just about all the same Ethernet communications methods that the HW PLCs do.

Yes it's running WinAC RTX. I understand that it is effect an emulated S7-400.

In theory I can't see any issues with it.

I'm just not making any headway with their tech support. An the job is 3500 miles away from home. So although I've got a backup plan, I like to be prepared. It was more a question of if anyone has ever used a setup like this, or seen one running.

We use them, and they perform flawlessly, but we use them with RA PLCs.

That is what I'm using it with. It's sat in an rack with an L72 CPU.

They are currently communicating with Siemens S7-400's. I think as I can't find a definitive answer I'll just take an S7-1200 with me, as I know I can get the OLDI card to 'talk' with that, an then the microbox to 'talk to the 1200.

Thankfully the data being sent isn't required quickly, the above solution isn't clean an I don't particularly like it. However it will work and is cheap.

I'll post my findings when I get to site.

Just to update this thread and close it out.

Communication works directly to the microbox, in the exact same way as it did with the S7-400.