Need to download program in PLC micrologix 1400 from rs logix 500 version 7.1

zeeshan123

I have received Micrologix 1400 plc as a replacement of Allen Bradley micrologix 1000 from my vendor. Now i need to download the program through RS logix 500 version 7.1 But i am unable to download the program.. Any help in this regards as i don't have upgraded version of RS Logix 500.

First of all, make a backup of your existing project file, and store it away in a safe place, you don't want to be over-writing it.

In your RSLogix500 project file, double click "Controller Properties" in the project explorer window.

Use the drop-down on the "Processor Type" selection to change the controller type to the new type, then click "Apply".

You will be prompted to "re-size data tables", but there shouldn't be any problems.

The 1400 has larger I and O image files than any model of 1000, so the program should convert successfully.

Verify the project, and check at the bottom of the screen for "Verify has completed, no errors found". If you have errors, you will have to resolve them manually. It may be that some instructions used in the 1000 model are not available in the 1400.

You will need RSLogix 500 Ver 8.3 at a minimum to load the ML1400.

Good call, I was sure that ML1400 was supported in at least 8.0, but just noticed the OP had 7.1.

I can never remember the version numbers needed for the hardware, and I'm sure there's a useful page on RA's website to check this.

Anyone want to share the link to save me the headache of finding that needle in a haystack...?

Good call, I was sure that ML1400 was supported in at least 8.0, but just noticed the OP had 7.1.

I can never remember the version numbers needed for the hardware, and I'm sure there's a useful page on RA's website to check this.

Anyone want to share the link to save me the headache of finding that needle in a haystack...?
--------------------------------------------

Thanks for the reply guys..

Can anyone share me the link to download the RS Logix 500 version 8.1 or above to program my ML1400 plc..