High/Low selector

sayahan2003

My friends,

If in an application we have flow control with pressure override, or pressure control with level override or something like this, how do we know that the selector should be low select or high select? Is this related to the controller action (direct or reverse)? what if one of the controller is reverse and the other one is direct? or both direct?

Thanks

Example from my world.

I want to get a certain temperature (by slowing down flow through a heat exchanger), but I want a minimum flow. Here the highest of the two determines the output.

I want a certain power use on a boiler, but I don't want to exceed my temperature. Here the lowest of the two determines output.

The question makes sense, it is just too generalized to get a good response. Maybe you are looking for general answers. Maybe you have some specific hardware that we can apply the question to...

Example from my world.

I want to get a certain temperature (by slowing down flow through a heat exchanger), but I want a minimum flow. Here the highest of the two determines the output.

I want a certain power use on a boiler, but I don't want to exceed my temperature. Here the lowest of the two determines output.
Thanks boneless,
Your example are absolutely correct. My question is how you get to the result at the last sentence of each example(lowest or highest).

The question makes sense, it is just too generalized to get a good response. Maybe you are looking for general answers. Maybe you have some specific hardware that we can apply the question to...
Thanks OkiePC,

This is a general question. I don't have a specific hardware.