Modbus TCP with M221 and SoMachine Basic

QasimFSH

Hi All,

I am a newbie to Modbus tcp communication, and need some directions in this regard. I have TMCE221CE16R with SoMachine Basic as my programming software (v1.6sp2). I am totally confused about how to set it up.

I have data coming from a server, and it can communicate via Modbus, as I have tested it with a Modbus tcp software, and I was able to pull that data via that software. When it comes to SoMachine basic, it really confuses me. I am attaching the pics below if anyone can help me configure it please.
In the fig1 (tcp1), I have put my computer`s local IP. After that, should I chose Modbus Mapping or Client mode? If client mode, then I need to put my server`s ip there? where would the device id go, as that column in uneditable.

If anyone has got some examples with explanation, that will be really helpful.

Thanks

tcp1.PNG tcp2.PNG

If I use Modbus IO mapping which is probably to get inputs from other devices/servers, where can I actually put in the device ID? I have found my through to input the desired registers..

Hi All,

I am a newbie to Modbus tcp communication, and need some directions in this regard. I have TMCE221CE16R with SoMachine Basic as my programming software (v1.6sp2). I am totally confused about how to set it up.

I have data coming from a server, and it can communicate via Modbus, as I have tested it with a Modbus tcp software, and I was able to pull that data via that software. When it comes to SoMachine basic, it really confuses me. I am attaching the pics below if anyone can help me configure it please.
In the fig1 (tcp1), I have put my computer`s local IP. After that, should I chose Modbus Mapping or Client mode? If client mode, then I need to put my server`s ip there? where would the device id go, as that column in uneditable.

If anyone has got some examples with explanation, that will be really helpful.

Thanks

It totally depends what you want the Modbus in the PLC to do ? What exactly are you planning on using Modbus for ?

The IP address should be the IP address that you want the PLC to be on, not your PC' IP.

The top part of your image is allowing you to give Modbus access to Input/Output registers

The bottom part is the IO scanner which lets you read remote Modbus devices into the PLC

It totally depends what you want the Modbus in the PLC to do ? What exactly are you planning on using Modbus for ?

The IP address should be the IP address that you want the PLC to be on, not your PC' IP.

The top part of your image is allowing you to give Modbus access to Input/Output registers

The bottom part is the IO scanner which lets you read remote Modbus devices into the PLC

I am trying to pull data from a server (its my pv and power consumption monitoring server). The reasn fro putting my pc`s ip is that I am using a simulator atm (soMachine Basic), without actually connecting my PLC physically.

I am actually unable to find where to input the device id of the device of interest, as the server has got a few devices connected to it..

HI All,

I have been able to sort this out now. "Channel ID" is where the Unit ID goes, and the PLC needs to be physically connected to get results.

On the far right if you have setup the channels...Either reading and writing or single read or write.....etc. Go to programming and then tools. Look under Network objects and then input or output registers(io scanning) depending on what you setup. The configure register will appear there

Hi,

I have done it now. MW were used actually, just had to keep running the controller.. sorry for this inconvenience :/

HI All,
Plz help me with an issue as i am so much confused about modbus tcp.Actually I have 10 Tm221c16r controllers whose data(inputs %I or %IW,Outputs %Q or %QW) have to show on Scada.I have 2 Tm221CE40R controllers as well.Tm221c16R only has serial port that I think will communicate with Serial or ethernet port of Tm221CE40R but i dont know how.Kindly help me what should i do,i am not able to differentiate between I/O scanning,MOdbus Tcp,Client Mode,modbus serial IO scanning. I dont know what should i use to get I/O data on Scada.
PLZ help me with this issue.