Tia Portal v14 Embed Tag Value in Text List Item

Adam13

Using Tia Portal v14 and a KTP400 Basic PN, is there a way to embed a tag value into a text list item? I would like to create a selection list using a Symbolic I/O Field but I need the strings in the text list to update based on current tag values on the PLC.

Thank you!

If you are in edit field "Text" for the text list, you can right click there and in the context menu select "Insert parameter field". A dialog field pops up where you can select the Tag to insert and the data format.

The tag you insert there I'd configure to Aquisition mode continuous. I remember that otherwise it not always got refreshed in the textlist field.

Hopefully that works also with the Basic panels, I've used a comfort Panel.

Thomas, thank you for the quick feedback. Unfortunately that option does not appear when I right click in the text field. Doing some searching and I found a reference to using the format <Tag : 4, TagNameHere> to embed tag values (4 refers to # of digits). This does not work either so I have to assume tag embedding is not possible on the basic panels.

When editing Alarm text, right clicking does present the option "Insert tag field...". Unless I am missing something the text list function seems to be purposefully gimped in the basic panels. I would have thought this a "basic" function.

Text list right click image

Last edited:
Just tested it, it seems that it's not possible with a Basic Panel. Even not with the newer ones with V14 firmware like KTP700 Basic.

You must be really careful when selecting the basic panels, these things are really gimped as you say.
I had a project where I had to replace an absolute basic text based WinCC flexible panel which was used only for alarming. But the basic panels can't handle the number of alarms the old cheap one had supported.